Tour yardage books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered this, at tour events, are the pros given yardage books where the slopes and false fronts, etc. are already drawn on the diagrams of each hole or is it something each pro has to draw on themselves? Are they given any indications prior to the rounds where the pins will be or do the caddies go out before each round to find out where they are?

I've always wondered this, at tour events, are the pros given yardage books where the slopes and false fronts, etc. are already drawn on the diagrams of each hole or is it something each pro has to draw on themselves?
yes, i believe the courses that they play already have yardage books with that information.
Are they given any indications prior to the rounds where the pins will be or do the caddies go out before each round to find out where they are?
yeah, i think the pin locations are marked on the greens, with little pink "x"'s or something. i could be wrong...

there is a caddy who makes and sells the books. the books are very informative, more than just sprinkler head yardages in them. i have an official book from the pres cup @ rtj, it even has % up and down from fairway to green in it. very very helpful.

There's a couple of different people that make different yardage books. They are quite specific. I used to have one for Doral, a course I've never played before. I believe Villegas makes his own yardage book.

3JACK

Status
Not open for further replies.