Trackman impact question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've got my 6-iron in my hand and I want to hit a straight shot, if I hit down on it let's say 4º, I have to shift the plane more or less 2º left.

For that to happen where on the ball's surface would I hit it? 2º to the far side of the middle from the golfer's perspective?

Thanks for any help.

ggsjpc

New
pretty sure right on the middle of the back of the ball. That's where you want the clubface pointing anyway.

Well, John's correct.

My point is that rule of thumb requires a certain VSP.

You don't know how much the AA moves the CP away from the HSP unless you know the VSP.

You "swing left" (HSP) because your downward angle of attack is still carrying the clubhead out (right).

So the final result is a Club Path straight at the target and a Face straight at the target.

pretty sure right on the middle of the back of the ball. That's where you want the clubface pointing anyway.

The middle of the back of the ball relative to the target, but slightly to the inside of the middle of the back of the ball relative to the plane line...

:)

Sorry for making this more confusing than it is. Bottom line, John's right.

ggsjpc

New
So, as I hit the middle of the ball on my way down, is the sweetspot travelling on a path that is 2º left of the target?

At the collision, the sweetspot is traveling at the target. It will bottom out pointing 2 degrees left of target.

At the collision, the sweetspot is traveling at the target. It will bottom out pointing 2 degrees left of target.

John,

Thanks very much for that. Could I ask you to explain where the club would hit the ball for a draw and a fade and where the sweetspot would be travelling?

I appreciate your answers.

ggsjpc

New
John,

Thanks very much for that. Could I ask you to explain where the club would hit the ball for a draw and a fade and where the sweetspot would be travelling?

I appreciate your answers.

It depends on where the player is trying to start the ball and where they are trying to land the ball.

ggsjpc

New
John,

Just the slightest of draw and fade, ball ending at the target.

Thanks

The problem is, you can hit a fade and a draw by hitting both sides of the ball. It depends on how you want to start it.

Push draw inside of middle.

Pull draw outside of middle.

Push fade inside of middle.

Pull fade outside of middle.

All assuming centered hits.

You'd want 3d path twice as big as face angle.

Example push draw: 2 degree right 3d path, 1 degree right club face angle.(Hits inside of ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.