Trackman - Options and Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the pleasure and honor of taking a lesson from Brian when he visited Pittsburgh in late September. His input and instruction was superb, to say the least. Reducing dynamic loft by ~8º in a very short time was incredible. My ball-striking and scoring has improved significantly over the past month and I've actually won some $$ on the Pittsburgh Golfers Tour since then. Finally. Played last 2 tournaments 'free', including all side games, plus credit remaining for next year. :)

The problem is - I do not have any way to really gauge how well I'm doing what Brian suggested. I just found out that my access to a Trackman here in Pittsburgh (which I had last Winter) went South for the Winter.

So, what do I do? Are there any places within a reasonable drive where I could rent a Trackman for a set time period (e.g., by the hour, without instruction)? Kevin will attest that I know a good deal about the swing.. I firmly believe I can 'self-analyze' my swing on Trackman. Is there an alternative to Trackman? Probably not.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?

I'd like to buy one and rent it out at the RMU Dome if no other options. Dead serious. I have the financial means to do so - if the economics made some sense. I think I'd need a Pro who is (a) knowledgable about the benefits of Trackman and (b) willing to incorporate its usage into his/her instruction to the extent necessary to ensure a payback. I'm not looking for an immediate payback. I have an extra laptop and portable printer.. even an older generation Trackman (e.g., used) would be better than none. The RMU Dome is better than any other indoor facility around (~100 yds) as it is not a 'hit into the wall' facility.

Thanks in advance.

Brian, do you get any special terms with TM? If so feel free to PM me with an offer. I'm gonna buy a FS x2 or a TM.

I'm using the X2 to monitor the implementation of things learned in my lesson. It's a real convenience feature being able to use it with a phone/pad without any wires or cables when using it for your own swing.

What would be the best way to go about shallowing someones aoa?

Simple. "Release" the shaft earlier. That is, unhinge the shaft at the left wrist more leading up to impact.

Regarding the original topic.........for path, clubface, AoA measurements only....consider P3Pro for around a grand.

I'm using the X2 to monitor the implementation of things learned in my lesson. It's a real convenience feature being able to use it with a phone/pad without any wires or cables when using it for your own swing.

Does the X2 give accurate readings with AofA and dynamic loft? I read a review where the reviewer found it didn't and that the numbers were wildly inaccurate.

http://johngrahamgolf.com/blog/trackman-flightscope-2/

I seem to recall the other readings were generally accurate and consistent with Trackman.

Glenn,

Working on a solution for you....

I'd be willing to drive 2-3 hours every 2 weeks over the Winter for, say, a 2-hour rental time slot (Cleveland, Columbus, ??).

Also, I'll be in the Orlando area (Winter Haven) for 10 days around Thanksgiving.. would love to find a place down there.

Does the X2 give accurate readings with AofA and dynamic loft? I read a review where the reviewer found it didn't and that the numbers were wildly inaccurate.

Trackman vs Flightscope 2 » John Graham Golf

I seem to recall the other readings were generally accurate and consistent with Trackman.

That review is for Flightscope 2, not X2. Here's the one from him for X2:
Flightscope X2 – A Review » John Graham Golf

and for the comparison:
Trackman vs Flightscope X2 » John Graham Golf

66er

New
Have the hand path bottom out well before the ball and move up into impact.

66er....are you Mario Lemieux?

Eh no Kevin sorry, just some guy from the other side of the atlantic, thank for the replies, sorry for the hijack.

So just checked, that Mario guy was a pretty decent hockey player lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.