Trackman practice: Zeroing out w/o club data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching the youtube video regarding Trackman practice. If you're using a version of Trackman that only provides launch data, how do you use it to zero out?

What are some of the things that you have to be aware of in order to properly use this model of TM without falling into the trap of misinterpreting the data and making the wrong adjustments to get to zero?

Just finished watching the youtube video regarding Trackman practice. If you're using a version of Trackman that only provides launch data, how do you use it to zero out?

What are some of the things that you have to be aware of in order to properly use this model of TM without falling into the trap of misinterpreting the data and making the wrong adjustments to get to zero?

the club data given by the launch version is the same as the regular version.

the club data given by the launch version is the same as the regular version.

The version I have access to and can practice on doesn't give club info; only launch numbers. That's why I'm asking.

I mean, given that impact location on the face can affect the ballflight, can I reliably use launch numbers to zero out my swing? Or do I have to have access to the club data?

Last edited:
ah, i see. it's the TrackMan Range version?

without face angle and club path, i don't think you can reliably "zero out"

that being said, if you have a horizontal launch near 0, and spin axis near zero, you'd be getting really close (assuming a center face hit).

ah, i see. it's the TrackMan Range version?

without face angle and club path, i don't think you can reliably "zero out"

I kind of figured that this would be the case...

...that being said, if you have a horizontal launch near 0, and spin axis near zero, you'd be getting really close (assuming a center face hit).

Of course, centerface contact is a big assumption at my skill level...

I was hoping that there may be a way to figure it out (zeroing out the swing) while getting around the inconsistent contact issue, maybe by combining ballflight observation with the launch data to figure out what the swing was doing or something like that. Probably indulging in a little wishful thinking :)

Last edited:
The screen has a straight target line. IF the ball starts and stays on the target line = 0,0.
You can figure out the rest based on the D plane. You will not be able to determine precisely (degrees) your HSP and CF. IF you can keep it on or close to the target line you know you are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.