Trackman Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player swings too much inside out (swinging too much right).What degree is excessive and what does the ball do.

What is the record for the most inside out.

According to Trackman, the max inside-to-out on the PGA Tour is Kenny Perry at +6*. The max outside-to-in is Colin Montgomerie at -6*.

I probably wouldn't go very near those parameters and for the typical golfer they probably need to stay in the -3 to +3 range. Attack angle plays a big role in this as well.

3JACK

a hosel rocket is my guess; that much in-to-out cannot hit the face. How far are the arms from the body to produce 25 or even 10? heel/shank contact has to occur.

dbl

New
Jwat reported in his trackman lesson that he started with 6-9 degrees inside out. You might ask him.

a hosel rocket is my guess; that much in-to-out cannot hit the face. How far are the arms from the body to produce 25 or even 10? heel/shank contact has to occur.

i don't believe so...
i'm thinking you could hit the face with pretty much any path.
hitting it straight with any path, however, not so easy.

If quite a few teachers/instructors teach 10 degrees inside/out, as their pet pattern, you don't think the student hits the face?

10 degrees or more inside/out I think you get push shots without having tremendous hand action.

Last edited:
If quite a few teachers/instructors teach 10 degrees inside/out, as their pet pattern, you don't think the student hits the face?

10 degrees or more inside/out I think you get push shots without having tremendous hand action.

And how do those teachers/instructors know it's 10 degree inside/out? I did not see many instructors using a trackman or any other launchmonitor.

And how do those teachers/instructors know it's 10 degree inside/out? I did not see many instructors using a trackman or any other launchmonitor.

They just say it to sound scientific, although John Jacobs could apparently estimate clubpath and clubface degrees very accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.