Trackman University - What's it about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there is a Trackman University proram in my area in the fall. How in depth is such a program? Is it better for beginners who don't understand correct ballflight at all? Something for everyone? Is it highly techinal (which I would prefer)? Just wondering if anyone else on this site has been to one who isn't a teaching pro (although comments from teaching pros are also welcomed).

I'm not a teaching pro. I just like learning about golf.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I will be presenting at the TRACKMAN UNIVERSITY below in the afternoon:

October 8th, 2012

FIRST TRACKMAN UNIVERSITY WORKSHOP IN PHILADELPHIA

TrackMan University (TMU) is pleased to announce our first workshop in Philadelphia on October 8, at Jericho National Golf Club.

The workshop is arranged in collaboration with the Golf Association of Philadelphia.
The workshop will feature a lecture titled "Is that good, coach?" - A fresh look into club delivery, ball flight, and performance assessment of golf. Setting the proper expectations for a golfer is an important piece of a student's foundation. Using data collected through the TrackMan Combine and other sources, the instructor can start to answer the question "is that good?" Once the instructor and student can statistically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses, proper goal setting and practice plans can be put into place.

The workshop presents a cutting edge golf technical education. The focus will be on club delivery, impact, ball flight, and performance metrics. The one day workshop combines research and practical training in measuring, analyzing and taking action to improve ball striking skills.
The workshop will cover the curriculum for the TrackMan Certified Professional: Level 1 and Level 2.

The workshop is open to anyone who would like to attend
The workshop fee is including lunch:

TMU members: FREE
Non TMU members: USD 175

natep

New
From what I've read its highly technical and not really created for recreational golfers. It's aimed at educating TM owners on how to understand the full capability of the machine and all of the data it provides and how to get the most out of it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
From what I've read its highly technical and not really created for recreational golfers. It's aimed at educating TM owners on how to understand the full capability of the machine and all of the data it provides and how to get the most out of it.

Easier than that—by a lot.

Plus this one is geared to the golfer in the afternoon.

I am not a teaching pro, just an avid golfer, who attended the last past two years ultimate golf school at the X Golf School in Mannorville New York with Michael Jacobs.

Nonetheless, I also attended the GTE (Golf Teacher Excellence) educational seminar in October 2011. Brian and Michael explained and made understanding a new difficult concept easy and used practical examples.

I am glad the Trackman workshop in PA is open to all who would like to attend - since I would like to attend.

The lecture "Is that good, Coach?" I'm sure not only tells instructors how to answer that question but I'm sure will be applicable to a student as well wanting to know what "is good".

Brian noted that he will be presenting in the afternoon. This is a rare and unique opportunity to see how a master instructor uses and teaches with the machine. Also, Brain indicated that the workshop is geared to the golfer in the afternoon. It seems this workshop is going to be a must attend for all - instructors and students.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the Flightscope Convention with master instructor Michael Jacobs last October 2011. There is another convention scheduled in Orlando Florida in September 2012 but regrettably I won't be able to make it.

Look forward to attending,
Ed

Does anybody know is there is any hotel accommodations for the Trackman workshop.
Thanks

hp12c

New
I think Bmanz should record his presentation and make it avaialble like the anti summit if possible.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.