Transition Feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on another part of this forum but just in case no one reads it, I would like anyone with similar sensations to respond. Here it is:
When I make the transition from the top, there is a sensation that is hard to describe but here goes: its like I'm reorienting my body into a squat, right leg move, or something similar which leads me into the back of the ball and impact. It happens without trying and in fact if I TRY to duplicate it consciously, it won't happen. It seems to be a reaction to the full backswing turn and a gentle transition which initiates the feeling. Sure is nice and since it has been happening, my distance, accuracy and scores are great. Now handicap of 2 and all that is left is a few more putts to drop.
Can anyone relate to this? What is it?

The only way I can consistently take good divots(with irons of course) is to similarly squat onto the left side, dropping the entire body, and seems to violate the TGM essential of a steady head. Redgoat has a video of T Woods dropping a full 4" by increasing knee bend while using a driver. I'd like to hear what Brian has to say about this.

quote:Originally posted by semipro

I posted this on another part of this forum but just in case no one reads it, I would like anyone with similar sensations to respond. Here it is:
When I make the transition from the top, there is a sensation that is hard to describe but here goes: its like I'm reorienting my body into a squat, right leg move, or something similar which leads me into the back of the ball and impact. It happens without trying and in fact if I TRY to duplicate it consciously, it won't happen. It seems to be a reaction to the full backswing turn and a gentle transition which initiates the feeling. Sure is nice and since it has been happening, my distance, accuracy and scores are great. Now handicap of 2 and all that is left is a few more putts to drop.
Can anyone relate to this? What is it?
Almost every pro drops a tad during the transition.

Try to get your move on video to see exactly what is happening.

Snead was one of the best strikers and yet he had what is called the "Snead Squat" or so I am told, where he actually squatted quite a bit on his downswing.

Status
Not open for further replies.