Trouble shallowing early transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a tough time with my downswing sequence.

If I stay closed early downswing I shallow the plane (early) but then my body doesn't clear and gets in the way of my arms and hands and I drop under plane late. If I try to stay closed and then feel a late clearing or turning of the hips I tend to SPIN early downswing and steepen the plane early.

Every once and a while I get into a rutt of push and slight push fades and overall a general poor contact for me.

Last edited:
I am left handed and do not want to see the ball go left. The more I close the clubface throughout my backswing and or strengthen my grip to just past nuetral the poorer the contact (little fat). The more nuetral the grip or weak the more I flip it closed and play well in spurts but get the pushes and push fades in spurts. I also feel the weaker grip allows me to loop the backswing plane flatter early downswing.(Again in spurts)_

Last edited:
Try hitting some balls with the ball above your feet; sidehill above. Might flatten the downswing, shallow the angle and still allow you to turn through from the inside,

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Trust me, staying closed in the downswing isnt for everyone. If you're dont have alot of trigger delay and are naturally a little laid off you'll really fight getting under it late.

Status
Not open for further replies.