Trying to Play Golf w/ a Ligament Sprain in Left Ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPOSSIBLE!

I never realized how much your left ankle and the ligaments and muscles leading up the calf muscle play a role in the completion of your backswing. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Basketball and golf in the same season do not mix. Choose only one during a season.

I feel for you! I broke my left ankle last year snowboarding and it's never been the same. It gets really painful when I fully pivot onto my left heel after several swings too. You don't really know how much you use those joints until it hurt them. Careful out there!

I've been out of the game for 2 months due to a foot and ankle injury. It's hard to play golf when you can't shift your weight. I've been able to hit some good shot while zeroing out my pivot, but there's no chance of me breaking 100 in my current form.

I crushed my right heel and ankle...

racing moto-cross about 12 years ago. Even today, it gets so sore that it does mess with my pivot and I have to mentally force weight right going back.

I couldn't imagine playing golf if I had done the same to me left foot. In fact, I don't think I would be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.