Tumble and Late Tugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
For clarification, what is the 'late tug' in reference to IATR?

Is it a sudden pulling/dragging once you have started a good tumble?
In other words, I feel that I have done 90% of the pattern correct, but the feeling of the tumble is really powerful and I don't trust it enough to continue. I feel like at the last minute I revert back to a late pull of the lead arm.

I hope that made sense.

It is a struggle for me too. I feel that for me, if the hand path is not vertical enough to start, I will hit a big pull if I continue the tumble. Then if it is vertical enough and I abort the tumble for fear of left, I just hit a right wipe or try to flip the face over.

It is a struggle for me too. I feel that for me, if the hand path is not vertical enough to start, I will hit a big pull if I continue the tumble. Then if it is vertical enough and I abort the tumble for fear of left, I just hit a right wipe or try to flip the face over.

Interesting. I feel something similar. I have what feels like a lot of back to the target which creates a lot of room to swing down from the inside but it still feels too steep. When I go into the tumble from there I have hard time staying with it. I don't know if it is late tug or something else.

I believe (obviously without seeing) that you maybe coming out of transition with the shaft to vertically oriented. What you're feeling is late shallow-ing of the shaft IMO.

Definitely probable in my case Lindsey. I have a slightly across the line top of the backswing position that just feels super comfortable for me. I have tried to lay off some, but feel as though I lose all feel for the club. From an across the line top of the backswing, should I just take more time and let the shaft feel like laying down behind me?

Sorry jbrunk for the thread jack, I don't remember if you are across the line or not.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Definitely probable in my case Lindsey. I have a slightly across the line top of the backswing position that just feels super comfortable for me. I have tried to lay off some, but feel as though I lose all feel for the club. From an across the line top of the backswing, should I just take more time and let the shaft feel like laying down behind me?

Sorry jbrunk for the thread jack, I don't remember if you are across the line or not.

Just pull the arrow out of the case a lot longer, don't have to slam it laid down. But it def needs more time.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
For clarification, what is the 'late tug' in reference to IATR?

Is it a sudden pulling/dragging once you have started a good tumble?
In other words, I feel that I have done 90% of the pattern correct, but the feeling of the tumble is really powerful and I don't trust it enough to continue. I feel like at the last minute I revert back to a late pull of the lead arm.

I hope that made sense.

No, a late tug is after you've laid it down. Once you got to tumble the head that's what you'll hit it with. A late tug is trying to pull the club toward the target deeper in the downswing instead of pulling it with a normal force.

I appreciate the replies guys. A little bit of each has helped with some of the feels. I think letting the arms loose from the body at the top for an instant is helping me feel the coupling point more. It is almost a feel of NHA drop and coupling point rotation. My good swings are getting much 'free-er'.

Status
Not open for further replies.