Twist away and low ball flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a high ball flight, left to right, flipper. I've been working really hard on NSA and Former Flipper and it is starting to come around for me. The only thing that is bothering me is I'm now hitting the ball really low with the longer irons, driver, and 3w.

Will I ever be able to hit a high draw using twist away? Just to let you know I haven't had my driver swing speed measured in a couple of years but I'm in the 108 range.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
The low ball flight is because of the increased forward shaft lean. You have to learn to hit it low before you can really hit it high the right way if you are a recovering flipper IMO.

When you feel you are comfortable with your hands then I would move towards the soft draw pattern and that will get you the height you are looking for.

The low ball flight is because of the increased forward shaft lean. You have to learn to hit it low before you can really hit it high the right way if you are a recovering flipper IMO.

When you feel you are comfortable with your hands then I would move towards the soft draw pattern and that will get you the height you are looking for.
+1
I couldn't agree more.

Also being a former flipper, you probably have little axis tilt through the ball. This will also create a lower ball flight.

You nailed it there. I've never had a lot of axis tilt. I played today and noticed that my lower back was a little sore. Maybe I'm starting to tilt more and didn't realize it?

I was also pull hooking a lot of shots today. That tells me that I'm still turning my shoulders to much and not tilting enough. Sound right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.