twist away

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZ

New
Brian - do you consider twist away tending more towards full roll hitting, or angled hinge swinging? I've been experimenting with it in angled hinge swinging and like the compression, but have difficultly working the ball both ways while still controling the trajectory. Any feedback?

Thanks - EZ

EdZ

New
backswing is the only time I am aware of the move by 'feel' of twistaway, I use extensor action to keep from arching too much but if I don't 'do' twistaway to get to manzella flat, I end up at blake flat....

I really notice much better sizzle with the subtle, constant, feel of the twist to maintain 'flat'. I actually tend to feel much more the 'stump' is in directional control, and much more room for the right arm to straighten. Very much the motion in your signature. I just find it harder to adjust trajectory much. Perhaps I need to 'pre-set' the trajectory at fix more intentionally.

I suppose I would consider it a hitter's backswing with a swinger's angled hinge downswing in my case. A 'closed to open' swinger.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

The "TwistAway" can be used whole swing.

Absolutely agree, however for me, if I get that feel to the top, coming down tends to take care of itself. I can focus more on extensor action/aiming point on the downswing, backswing it is both the twist and the extensor action to 'lock in' the wedges. I'm guessing my main issue is that I must be arching a bit at the top and/or my grip isn't weak enough. I love using it for wedge play, where I can really get the 'underhand pitch' rhythm and target focus. That said, I do have the issue of trajectory/shape control being a bit more difficult which is a right wedge breakdown more than anything. I've got to get some more clips filmed to see what is 'feel' and what is 'real' when working on this pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.