Twistaway collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, a very talent player, having trouble with clubface control , leakage which caused some weak shots and many blocks. I put him on to the twistaway, instant fireworks display. The big straight shots came back, and so did a hook. Getting him more open on the downswing helped, but did not take care of it all. So I put some impact tape on the face and had him hit balls, results many on the heel. He said the more he looked at the inside quadrant, the more heels shots. When he didn't pay attention to any specific spot, more center contact. One other thing I have noticed in his grip, he has said he has the left thumb on top, to feel the left is flat. I am having him move it off and towards right center, I believe this will give him more center contact ?

Anyone having trouble with swinging to the inside quadrant?

Hooking could be from possibilly a collaspe of the flat left wrist? Or combination of the left thumb in wrong position? I actually think now his left thumb had a great deal to do with some collaspe of the left at collision producing more hook instead of slight draw. As well as center contact. Different teaching on the positioning of the left thumb, on top or right of center?

He is very close to breaking the game open. Short game and putting, is outstanding.

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Alrighty, a very talent player, having trouble with clubface control , leakage which caused some weak shots and many blocks. I put him on to the twistaway, instant fireworks display. The big straight shots came back, and so did a hook. Getting him more open on the downswing helped, but did not take care of it all. So I put some impact tape on the face and had him hit balls, results many on the heel. He said the more he looked at the inside quadrant, the more heels shots. When he didn't pay attention to any specific spot, more center contact.

Anyone having trouble with swinging to the inside quadrant?

Putting so much attention on a spot cause tension?

Hooking could be from possibilly a collaspe of the flat left wrist?

He is very close to breaking the game open. Short game and putting, is outstanding.

I still have your email i need to get too i haven't forgot just really busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.