Understanding the Kinetic Sequence with Project 1.68

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first four ‘TOP 10 ‘take homes’ from the latest Project 1.68 information’ focus on the Kinetic Sequence but comment across a number of threads, at least for me, have muddy the meaning or intent.

1. The Kinetic Sequence may be, at its heart, just a reaction.

Reaction to what?

2. Pivoting like crazy is crazy.

“You want all force going away from the ball toward the golfer near and at impact. If you unwind too much, too soon, good luck with that.”

75% of all the speed in your golf swing comes from your shoulder complexes, your arms, your wrists, and your hands.

This seems obvious regarding a good golfer, given I have seen golfers hit off their knees and while sitting down, distance less than when standing up but still considerable. From my observations I couldn’t place number on the amount each contributes.

The first question does the ‘Pivot’ include the Torso Rotation?

Next question is for the golfer who is not quite a top level, will the lack of stability, balance and mobility reduce the 75% contributed by the shoulder complex, if the pivot has been zeroed out say by sitting.

3. Trying to shift weight back and forth, or NOT shift weight at all, or shift forward early, is ALL a waste of time. So is trying to restrict the movement of the head. THEY ARE ALL REACTIONS TO THE SWING when done properly, except maybe something to start the thing off for some.

For example is this to say that if pivot in the back swing is done properly then the balance and stability would be maintained rather than trying to manipulate the body’s movement to keep from losing balance or becoming unstable as the golf stroke motion continues?

4. The pivot is very important for POSITIONING the shoulder complexes/arms/wrists/hands/& club.

Would this be restricted to just the Back swing or would it include the Down swing and Follow Through?

Thanks....

I do find the following posts to be extremely informative and provide the basis of the beginning for crib notes.

TOP 10 "take homes" from latest Project 1.68 information

7 things we now know about "hitting a golf ball

The TOP 10 Things you can not argue with in the Release Thread

6 ideas to lining up the club for impact.

Pull Back, Run Up and Jump

Brian Manzella

Administrator
GREAT questions Marty!

I will comment later, but here are two swings from a former handle-dragger, in his first well-timed release lesson.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/31254436?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="363" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

bcoak

New
75% of all the speed in your golf swing comes from your shoulder complexes, your arms, your wrists, and your hands.

Does this mean Ernest Jones was right (and even Manuel De la Torre)?

The first four ‘TOP 10 ‘take homes’ from the latest Project 1.68 information’ focus on the Kinetic Sequence but comment across a number of threads, at least for me, have muddy the meaning or intent.

Reaction to what?

“You want all force going away from the ball toward the golfer near and at impact. If you unwind too much, too soon, good luck with that.”

This seems obvious regarding a good golfer, given I have seen golfers hit off their knees and while sitting down, distance less than when standing up but still considerable. From my observations I couldn’t place number on the amount each contributes.

The first question does the ‘Pivot’ include the Torso Rotation?

Next question is for the golfer who is not quite a top level, will the lack of stability, balance and mobility reduce the 75% contributed by the shoulder complex, if the pivot has been zeroed out say by sitting.

3. Trying to shift weight back and forth, or NOT shift weight at all, or shift forward early, is ALL a waste of time. So is trying to restrict the movement of the head. THEY ARE ALL REACTIONS TO THE SWING when done properly, except maybe something to start the thing off for some.

For example is this to say that if pivot in the back swing is done properly then the balance and stability would be maintained rather than trying to manipulate the body’s movement to keep from losing balance or becoming unstable as the golf stroke motion continues?

4. The pivot is very important for POSITIONING the shoulder complexes/arms/wrists/hands/& club.

Would this be restricted to just the Back swing or would it include the Down swing and Follow Through?

Thanks....

I do find the following posts to be extremely informative and provide the basis of the beginning for crib notes.

TOP 10 "take homes" from latest Project 1.68 information

7 things we now know about "hitting a golf ball

The TOP 10 Things you can not argue with in the Release Thread

6 ideas to lining up the club for impact.

Pull Back, Run Up and Jump

I wasnt able to find the '7 things', can someone post them up or pm me?

Further reading of the threads and additional posts:

Reaction to what?

“A good sequence may be CAUSED by the intent to hit something really hard with a weight at the end of a stick (BM)”

“75% of all the speed in your golf swing comes from your shoulder complexes, your arms, your wrists, and your hands.”

“75% of all the WORK that the body does on the downswing DOES NOT GO INTO CLUBHEAD SPEED.(BM)”

Do Club head Speed and Work have a 1 to 1 relationship????

“Limiting your pivot THROUGH the ball(BM)”

To me this means that for each golfer their pivot should not exceed the point to disrupt the Shoulder Complexes path, including balance/stability.

Reading in other threads/posts there seems to be some difference when it comes to defining the components of the pivot IMO.

Does the pivot refer to the Hips and Torso motion and actions or does it include the Shoulder Complexes?

I understood that the Shoulder Complexes was not part of the pivot (Hips and Torso) but the more I read I am wondering if I understand what the pivot is?

AM I GETTING CLOSER???

ZAP

New
Project 1.68 is on my short list of things I want to buy ASAP. My hope is that the release date is near some holiday so I will be able to justify it to the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.