Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd pass along a milestone of mine today. I BROKE PAR!!!!! First time ever for an 18 hole championship caliber course!! For those that don't know...I've been playing a year and a half and have recieved instruction from Brian and Kevin Shields. I hit 15 greens today and 10 fairways. Made 1 eagle and 3 birdies. In the end I shot 70 on a very wet and long par 72!!!!!! Very Excited!!

Thats awesome vj!!!

You are obviously a very gifted athelete. Having the right information helped you break par after a short period of time. Congrats on all the hard work that has paided of in the form of red numbers. Now it just a matter of how low and how often.

Great Job Man

Congrats! That is definitely something to be proud of from any golfer's perspective. It's a testament to your athleticism as well as Brian and Kevin's knowledge and teaching ability.

VJ....... 18 months and sub par!!!! That is damn good!!!! Do you have any sort of goals? And.... what IS your background?? I have a hard time believing your a cpa that just decided to take up the game! You must have some extraordinary feel and coordination!

Congrats!

No kudos here. For the record, I dont deserve jack squat. Good for him to break par though. Good stuff.

Not true. Kevin said things a little differently than Brian in our very first lesson, BUT I was too green and not trusting enough to know about it, apply it, and understand it enough. I called him out for NO reason, now that I'm hitting it better I understand what you were saying back then Kev. Kevin saw the same things, and suggested almost the same fix, but said it differently...that was the only difference. Honestly, the things that are working the best for me are ideas from both Brian and Kevin. I played with a slightly weaker grip the last few days than what Brian suggested to me lately and don't think it is possible for me, or many others to hit it any better than what I did today. If I didn't have input from alot of guys here and lessons from BOTH Kevin and Brian, I wouldn't have progressed nearly this fast. Don't sell yourself short Kevin....you helped a hell of alot more than you know, and that's my fault for not letting you know that recently..Thanks for all you have done. SERIOUSLY..THANKS!

Thanks to all for the well wishes and congrats...it makes me feel good!

You won't get any from me; I hate your guts.

(I'm just jealous; don't mind me)

Goes to show what good instruction, persistence, hard work, and some talent can do. Good to hear that staying with it paid dividends. That's some amazing stuff, VJ. Good work to all you guys.

Burner

New
Atta Boy.

Just thought I'd pass along a milestone of mine today. I BROKE PAR!!!!! First time ever for an 18 hole championship caliber course!! For those that don't know...I've been playing a year and a half and have recieved instruction from Brian and Kevin Shields. I hit 15 greens today and 10 fairways. Made 1 eagle and 3 birdies. In the end I shot 70 on a very wet and long par 72!!!!!! Very Excited!!

Way to go Veej!

I promise I won't do this everytime I play, but I did shoot a 73 today, which is showing I'm heading down the right path.The ballstriking is very consistent the last week or so. I just have to stop making silly mental errors, liking trying to hit it on a par 5 in 2 with a very thick lie at 230 with a 5-wood and trouble left and right..not smart.

ej20

New
vj,you are an extremely talented player.It is very rare for someone taking up the game late is life to get down close to scratch within 2 years.They need to do a documentary on you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.