Uploading lossless quality videos onto Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your tips?

Assuming all codecs settings are set to its maximum for youtube standards, what more does one have to do to upload high quality videos onto youtube?

I have an SD camcorder with 3CCD's which I bought about 4 years ago. OBviously it's outdated, but I'm wondering how much an HD quality camcorder would make a difference in terms of uploading lossless quality videos onto youtube.

Again, assume all codec settings are set to its max. I figured that part out.

Some of Brian's videos are pretty good quality on youtube. There are also countless other videos are that are in HD. Amazing clarity. I want that. What do I do? Thanks.

I am no youtube expert, but youtube is in all respects SD. Buying a HD camera wont solve anything.
If you want to upload movies in higher quality/resolution, try vimeo.com or something similar.

As for the best youtube result... Youtube re-encodes everything to their standard when you upload so the "trick" is to prepare the file so the conversion is as smooth as possible.

I hope Brian wont mind, but read this thread (on another forum, a video one).
http://hv20.com/showthread.php?t=1186&highlight=Youtube

MODS, If I have steped over the line with the links please edit them out and I will PM `em instead.

straight from youtube

What are your tips?

Assuming all codecs settings are set to its maximum for youtube standards, what more does one have to do to upload high quality videos onto youtube?

I have an SD camcorder with 3CCD's which I bought about 4 years ago. OBviously it's outdated, but I'm wondering how much an HD quality camcorder would make a difference in terms of uploading lossless quality videos onto youtube.

Again, assume all codec settings are set to its max. I figured that part out.

Some of Brian's videos are pretty good quality on youtube. There are also countless other videos are that are in HD. Amazing clarity. I want that. What do I do? Thanks.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=91450

How can I upload Higher Quality Videos?

All you need to do is continue uploading the highest quality video you have available. The quality of the uploaded video combined with individual viewers' bandwidth will determine if the video is displayed at "Higher Quality."

Not satisfied with that answer? Still need specific information? YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG. Here are a few things that may work well for you:

* MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
* MP3 audio
* Video resolution: 480x360 or higher
* Frame Rate: 24fps or higher

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as uploading the video with the highest resolution. And .WMV .AVI .MOV etc is just a container so you have to choose the correct codec. You have to choose an encoder that it intra-frame codec instead of a inter-frame codec.
In a intra-frame codec the frames between the key-frames still have all or most of the data availible where inter-frame only contains the full information in the keyframes.
So a Jpeg codec (like mjpeg) would be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.