Use of the hips..anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where should the hips be at impact? I know the hands will catch up with the right hip..but when does the happen in the downswing?

you know, there is a rather simply exercise or drill if you will.

you put the feet together and you just naturally swing like a pendulum. back and forth, back and forth

your golf swing is in there and your hips just know (where they need to be)...

btp

New
I'd say between 10-45 degrees open to the target line, depending on your clubface, flexibility and swing plane.

you know, there is a rather simply exercise or drill if you will.

you put the feet together and you just naturally swing like a pendulum. back and forth, back and forth

your golf swing is in there and your hips just know (where they need to be)...

My hips don't do much of anything when I do that drill. I'm all upper body with that one. I just started doing the sidearm throwing drill Brian demonstrates in the Building Blocks (?) video. My hips and everything else feel much more dynamic with that motion. I believe that is what a pivot is supposed to feel like. Just my two cents.

Open.

For me, if I do that consciously with the hips themselves, I hit shanks. So far anyway.

I like to swing my arms left of my left hip.

Open.

For me, if I do that consciously with the hips themselves, I hit shanks. So far anyway.

I like to swing my arms left of my left hip.

Yeah, I can't consciously open my hips, either. I have to set up with my feet open in order to get them to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.