Useful Trackman data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So I was watching some Masters coverage yesterday when I saw an interview with a player. He was talking about how he was struggling with his swing and didn't expect to play well this week. He said that he was swinging to far to the right and hitting hooks and drop kicks. He also said that he was working on this with his teacher and that it would take him about a month to get it fixed.

This made me think of a conversation that Kevin Shields and I had one day about how it would be a good idea to get Trackman data combined with Casio camera footage when a great player was playing great. Keep the data without showing it to them and when they start to hit a slump you just pull out the data and get them back on track. No guessing about what the great player used to do, just data and facts. I believe that if the player can see his ballflight of old his confidence will quickly return.

I think that using Trackman (or another good radar based device) along with Casio footage that corresponds with each swing and the numbers for the swing could be a very invaluable tool to keep great players playing great. Just imagine if this tour player's teacher would have captured data like this when his player was playing great, I bet he wouldn't be giving an interview about how he is struggling with his swing and how he isn't going to play well this week!

I agree. I think of a college teammate I had that was a pretty good ballstriker, but had a very unorthodox swing. He wanted to take his game to the next level, but was very much 'do it naturally' with his swing. He aimed dead right with his body. Had a wide open clubface at address and then pulled the ball at the target. Usually he would hit a small fade, but somedays he would wake up hitting a small draw.

He would've been a good candidate for Casio with a Trackman and a teacher who doesn't try to do to much, but keep him in line with the swing he had when he is striking it well.

3JACK

Objective Data

How about using Trackman, Casio, 3D, COG plus other measures to help change and bring the golfer back when things are not working. All lot of the tour players don't know how they got there and don't know how to get back (neither do their TP's). Use the technology to produce better golfers. No TP should be teaching tour players without some technology. Where's the PGA to help better golf instruction?

David

Ok. So I was watching some Masters coverage yesterday when I saw an interview with a player. He was talking about how he was struggling with his swing and didn't expect to play well this week. He said that he was swinging to far to the right and hitting hooks and drop kicks. He also said that he was working on this with his teacher and that it would take him about a month to get it fixed.

This made me think of a conversation that Kevin Shields and I had one day about how it would be a good idea to get Trackman data combined with Casio camera footage when a great player was playing great. Keep the data without showing it to them and when they start to hit a slump you just pull out the data and get them back on track. No guessing about what the great player used to do, just data and facts. I believe that if the player can see his ballflight of old his confidence will quickly return.

I think that using Trackman (or another good radar based device) along with Casio footage that corresponds with each swing and the numbers for the swing could be a very invaluable tool to keep great players playing great. Just imagine if this tour player's teacher would have captured data like this when his player was playing great, I bet he wouldn't be giving an interview about how he is struggling with his swing and how he isn't going to play well this week!

Had the technology existed 20 years ago they should have done this with people like Sandy Lyle, Ian baker finch. Seems some tour players change swings for the sake of it or because they wrongly believe they will get to another level.

Would there be any value of a decent amateur doung the same thing?

Only if this decent amateur wanted to keep playing great when they like how they are hitting it! I believe using Trackman for this application could be extremely important for great players! I wish I had thought of this idea, however it was our own Kevin Shields that came up with this idea.

For instance: Just think if KJ Choi got on a Trackman tomorrow after hitting the ball so consistently well all week at Augusta National. Then the numbers that he has on Trackman are stored away so that whenever he wants to hit the ball just the way he hit it at the Masters he can hopefully reproduce them without guessing.

Granted, this is a little simplistic to say that as long as you have the numbers you can reproduce them whenever you want, because there is so much more to hitting a golf shot than just the numbers on a Trackman. However, if you had the numbers of when you were hitting it your best it would make life a whole lot easier!

I wonder if Tiger would want to know what his numbers would have been in the year 2000! Does he even care? Just me rambling on now......

Only if this decent amateur wanted to keep playing great when they like how they are hitting it! I believe using Trackman for this application could be extremely important for great players! I wish I had thought of this idea, however it was our own Kevin Shields that came up with this idea.

For instance: Just think if KJ Choi got on a Trackman tomorrow after hitting the ball so consistently well all week at Augusta National. Then the numbers that he has on Trackman are stored away so that whenever he wants to hit the ball just the way he hit it at the Masters he can hopefully reproduce them without guessing.

Granted, this is a little simplistic to say that as long as you have the numbers you can reproduce them whenever you want, because there is so much more to hitting a golf shot than just the numbers on a Trackman. However, if you had the numbers of when you were hitting it your best it would make life a whole lot easier!

I wonder if Tiger would want to know what his numbers would have been in the year 2000! Does he even care? Just me rambling on now......

The numbers would be great to have. The skill required to reproduce those numbers through every club in the bag and from evey lie is the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.