Using D-Plane without Trackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I posted something about failure to conquer hitting up on my Driver.

This post has two topics. The Driver and using the D-Plane to work on hitting up.

First the Driver. I spent a bunch of money and miles getting fitted on Trackman about
a year ago. Ended up with Ping G15 9 Degree with I15 stiff shaft. Then I shortened it
and swapped a couple of stiff shafts searching for the right mix. One of the scratch players
in my bi-weekly seniors golf league absolutely kills his Driver. So I play with him a few weeks
ago, and ask to see his Driver. Ping Rapture 10.5 VS Proto By You Regular flex that he picked up a few years
ago. I haven't played a regular flex anything in 30 years. So I buy the identical driver on e-Bay for $75.00. I've played it once and it is a perfect fit. I hit every fairway where I used Driver. I won the Long Drive.

So I have worked on the hitting up thing 3 different sessions last week. Using Brian's tips and
gradually getting the correlation between D-Plane ball flight. Sure enough, I eventually was
clearly seeing that 3 up and 3 out does in fact yield a straight'ish ball. If you don't hit up it goes left.
I could also do Brian's hit it up fade. It's going to take some serious practice to groove these techniques.

The aha moment was his tip about really staying home and swinging past your head. Clear to
me that I have been drifting forward with the Driver.

Playing tomorrow morning in the weather coming up Atlanta. I am going with the hit up on it set up.
We shall see whether I can do from the tee with any consistency.

A while back I posted something about failure to conquer hitting up on my Driver.

So I have worked on the hitting up thing 3 different sessions last week. Using Brian's tips and
gradually getting the correlation between D-Plane ball flight. Sure enough, I eventually was
clearly seeing that 3 up and 3 out does in fact yield a straight'ish ball. If you don't hit up it goes left.
I could also do Brian's hit it up fade. It's going to take some serious practice to groove these techniques.

Don't you mean if you don't swing right(out), it goes left? The up in the swing causes the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.