Video Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vidoe camera creates an .avi file. What software are you using that handles an .avi file that lets you step 'frame by frame' for review? I'm not interested in moving the slider slowly or pause, I need a frame advance feature. (a cheap answer is preferable. :) )

Thanks.

I use C-Swing video. About $130. Have had it about 3 years and is very reliable and flexible. Capture is very easy via firewire and plug and play. You can frame advance, compare swings with pros etc in split screen. Details are on their website at C-Swing.com.
I hear JC Video is very good, do not know the cost.

You can download a free version of the V1 Swing Software at v1home.com. It also has an upgrade to a more complete version for 39.99 I believe.

Stew

You can download a free version of the V1 Swing Software at v1home.com. It also has an upgrade to a more complete version for 39.99 I believe.

Stew

Stew: That's the ticket. AND... the price was right! Has all the features I need .... slow mo and frame advance. My camera does 60 fps so V1 shows all the 'blemishes'. :eek:

Thank you.

Quote: Yes, it can view them. Just can't do frame advance.

Try free download at http://www.irfanview.com/; It can do frame advance very easily on any .avi file. But V1 Swing Software is hard to beat at the price as it can do the split screen and any markup you want.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Mac software

Quicktime does play Windows MEdia files and DOES allow frame advance.

To draw lines, you need a program like Final Cut Express.

What MAC do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.