Video Violations That Cost Woods Strokes Dropped by Golf Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed feelings on this one. I think it serves as a good mechanism to assist in ensuring integrity.

What happens if you have bad vision, damn, I missed that that ball rolled couldn't see it:)

I agree, watch the firestorm when somebody wins a major and video later determines the player broke a rule but didn't call it, that will be a hot mess.

How can you call something on your self, if you don't have the technology to assist in judging the infraction. Call it when you see it. Officiating rules has never been something that could ever be perfect. At some point we have to stop trying to get it absolutely perfect and look at how the product is being diminished in the process of this never-ending pursuit.

I bet that whenever you had a ball oscillating and you decided it was just that, that it did indeed move a tiny amount, only visible with slow motion HD camera.

I just watched a bit of the Australian Open and there was some 'official' cheating from Bradley. He sliced his tee shot and was blocked out by some big trees. No way that he would get to the green from there. But he argued that there were some advert signs (about a meter high) close to the green on his line in and so he got a drop in the middle of the fairway in the end. He would have never gotten to the add boards as there were 3 or 4 big trees in his way and he was too close to hit it over.

Sorry but i call that cheating even if he got the go ahead from the rules official. I don't think this is in the spirit of the game!

His playing partner ended up in a similar spot (he hooked it there as a left hander). But he took his medicine and played a low hook out from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.