Watching the LPGA makes me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate watching Ai Miyazato hit 240 yard drives, and rain birdies. Reminds me of the time I got my butt whipped by this female high school golf star... We can't all be ninjas....

I hate watching Ai Miyazato hit 240 yard drives, and rain birdies. Reminds me of the time I got my butt whipped by this female high school golf star... We can't all be ninjas....

Classic Ochoa withdrawal symptoms :)

Personally, I'd rather have a cute little ninja at the top of the ladies game than some big, fat, Korean automaton.

I didn't even realize they were still playing the LPGA. They would probably be better off combining the european, asian, and u.s. tours.

You know what the LPGA should do? How about DQing a big star for using a donut during a 30 minute delay. That'll bring the fans back.

Here's a crazy idea, LPGA. Play most of your events where most of your fans are - Asia.

Out of all these fluttering attempts at women's professional sports, why haven't any of them copied the one true model for success - the WTA.

Women's tennis is global with just a handful of events in the states. Why isn't women's golf following the same model? Play a few events here as a lead in to the US Open, a few in Europe as a lead in to the British, a few in Australia leading into a major down there, and the rest in Asia. No one market can sustain women's tennis for an entire season, so they're smart enough to take their show on the road. I can't see women's golf being any different.

Good idea Granato, and I think you're starting to see that with events in Asia, Europe, and South America now part of their tour schedule.

To self-mastery's initial point, there is nothing more frustrating then watching four foot eleven 225 yard popping Jiyai Shin take a 6500 yd course and shoot 5 or 6 under, she's so straight and such a good putter it's rediculous. In the match play event, Wie was 50 yards in front of her all day and old Jiyai slapped her around like country trash...

Status
Not open for further replies.