Weak 10 yard slice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's hard to diagnose a swing without seeing it on video, but just wondering if anyone can help me with my iron game. I've been hitting weak slices that go about 3/4 of their normal distance and slice about 5-10 yards. They start straight and then balloon/slice.

The courses I've been playing have been pretty dry, so I may be bailing out before really releasing the club? Oh, and when I'm in the rough I can hit it pretty damned straight. I don't know if those are clues as to what I'm doing on the fairway?

Any help would be great.

On a better note, I'm hitting my fairway woods and driver as well and long as I ever have and my misses are pulls instead of weak slices.

Shoot.. I know there's a difference between gamma torque and rolling the wrists, but it's hard for me to feel. I was hitting pretty hard hooks at the range so to minimize that I tried to minimize/eliminate a lot of either motion, but I guess I went to far.

Do you have a drill that teaches proper gamma torque and not roll the wrists? I've been hitting pitches and finishing with Spiderman hand but maybe I'm doing that incorrectly?

As far as I can tell, on the course, I hit the weak slice when I drop my back shoulder too much and they turn into hooks when I overcompensate, coming over the top too much and pull/hooking it... Been working on using a stronger grip a la "New Ideas" so I can just power through with my back hand without thinking about the face as much as when I had a weaker grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.