Weak block fades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

What drill or instructions would you give for one that starts out hitting great shots, then proceeds to get weak block fades the rest
of there round. It appears this person is not getting to there left side as the left foot pulls back. Left side seems faster than the right side, leaving the right hand forced to come in open and out to the right. I have just been inform this problem has been there for a couples years and nobody was able to correct it.

Would this impact drill be the correction.
Set up in golf posture and without making backswing, move to impact conditions (course guys needs to know what that is)...Now, leave your lower body at impact and move your "club" hands and arms back to address condtions.Next, swing with lower body maintaining impact conditions throughout backswing and thru impact...You're just making a swing with lower body maintaining impact condtions thru impact...You will feel that you are swinging with your arms. You'll feel "tight" (not loose)...No slack in the system...You're training swinging parts to react to unload, to explode....No more weak, block fades. YES? Timing is everything..Guys with speed have to be very aggressive with virtually every fast-twitch fiber at their disposal, so keeping the two things coordinated is vital.

Your thoughts?

Speed and game.

R

I'm doing this right now. Mine I think is from a bent plane(i think you call it that)I've always had a problem of starting back too far inside and then lifting my arms to the top. Then when I come down it's straight out to right field. I have a lesson with Brian tomorrow and it couldn't come at a better time.BTW- When I do the up the wall drill it straightens things out but while playing that old crap always sneaks back in.

quote:Originally posted by shortgamer

I'm doing this right now. Mine I think is from a bent plane(i think you call it that)I've always had a problem of starting back too far inside and then lifting my arms to the top. Then when I come down it's straight out to right field. I have a lesson with Brian tomorrow and it couldn't come at a better time.BTW- When I do the up the wall drill it straightens things out but while playing that old crap always sneaks back in.

I know this is a big problem with many speed players, (high clubhead speed) very powerful swings. Its a problem that needs to be addressed. It maybe one of the biggest hurdles, once corrected, it's game on.

Please report back as Brian does not always report back to all posts very quickly, nor with many words. :) This is one he should address in more detail. If he is the best teacher, this thread will show what he is made of. ;)

R

Shortgamer, You make know reference of your left foot pulling back as you get the weak block fades? Has that happen to you ?

R

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
you're swinging too far to the right with an open face, you need to learn to get more "up" in the backswing instead of "around."

Remember, it's virtually impossible to imobolize the lower body (hold impact fix thru backswing and impact)...See the results after a week or so...Alternate with regular swings after a week or so. Check there results...This isn't an easy drill...Ain't dainty...I do the wood chop drill with Torso burner from impact fix...I don't want my players caught with club-late disease..
One of my college players told me yesterday that he feels like he's not "using" his lower body enough...He's averaging mid 130s straight as you can walk, so what do you think?...Actually, he's just in good rhythm and he didn't use to be.

Where's Brian, are we right or are we right?

R

quote:Originally posted by jim_0068

you're swinging too far to the right with an open face, you need to learn to get more "up" in the backswing instead of "around."

You can be "up" and still have the same problem. ;)

quote:Originally posted by rosser

Remember, it's virtually impossible to imobolize the lower body (hold impact fix thru backswing and impact)...See the results after a week or so...Alternate with regular swings after a week or so. Check there results...This isn't an easy drill...Ain't dainty...I do the wood chop drill with Torso burner from impact fix...I don't want my players caught with club-late disease..
One of my college players told me yesterday that he feels like he's not "using" his lower body enough...He's averaging mid 130s straight as you can walk, so what do you think?...Actually, he's just in good rhythm and he didn't use to be.

R
Chill dude-Brians at the golf tournament, I don't know what happened to Toms yesterday but maybe he saw Brian last night or this morning.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

quote:Originally posted by jim_0068

You can be "up" and still have the same problem. ;)

True, but if you are really are close to the TSP at the top of the swing and still find a way to swing too far to the right you have A LOT of other problems lol.

R
Chill dude-Brians at the golf tournament, I don't know what happened to Toms yesterday but maybe he saw Brian last night or this morning.

My bad, forgot the tourney was at home. Wonder what happen, Toms is fading back last time I looked . Must be the putter.

R

cdog

New
If you arrive at impact with more rear wrist bend than you had at impact fix you will have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.