Weight at address..Ball or Heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
Faldo says he has the weight on the balls of his feet.Greg Norman says heel.

What does TGM say?

In the photos in 9-1, she appears to be on the balls of the feet, especially at the Finish. 9-1-12 doesn't look right. I have never seen a good player with the weight on the ball of the left foot like that. I personally have most of the weight on the outside edge of the left heel at the Finish. Also, the photos are obviously posed.

holenone

Banned
Per 7-17:

"The majority of the weight should be on the heel, and it is better to turn on one's heel than to roll excessively. Address Position loading of the Feet is even distribution between both Feet but with enough on the heels to allow the toes to be lifted up momentarily without altering the distribution between the toe and heel."

Neither... Equal distribution over both. Use your arches. Your equilibrium always tries to put your weight over the center, there is no reason to start from a position where your natural tendency is to move off of it. But that's MY instruction.. not something i've learned from TGM.

ej20

New
Not too many instruction books go into detail about footwork except Faldo's so I basically adopted his.

He starts with the weight on the balls of both feet and as his right hip move behind him as he makes his backswing,the weight gradually shifts onto his right heel.Weight remains on the ball of his left foot.

On the downswing the opposite occurs,weight gradually moves from the heel of right foot onto the toe and from the ball of the left foot onto the heel.

This footwork procedure seems to help retain the tush line throughout the swing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.