Weight Distribution at Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

natep

New
What is the most common weight distribution on the feet these days? I've noticed lately a lot of swings where the players seem to be leaning out toward the ball, weight apparently on the balls of the feet. What are the implications of setting up evenly balanced vs. setting up favoring the balls of the feet or the heels? Thanks.

What is the most common weight distribution on the feet these days?

How would anyone know the answer? Common recommendation is centered between balls of feet and heels, as in athletic and natural. However, you can be certain that this varies a bunch, so to speak.

Erik_K

New
I think you are playing with fire when the weight is on the heels or toes since the body wants (in my opinion) to stay balanced - that is to say weight centered between the toes and heels.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Every player who i have ever taught who has too much weight on the heels tend to fall forward in the downswing and have trouble getting to the inside of the ball; this tends to happen with some players who are overweight and are compensating for a bigger belly by putting more weight on the heels.

I favor balls of the feet, or an "athletically ready" type position.

Status
Not open for further replies.