What about AK's Swing? (Pictures included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this swing and want to hear what you guys think about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this a double shift? from original shaft plane, to TSP, to elbow plane. Love it.

5nw64o.jpg

2aaf4sg.jpg

4juty0.jpg

71n51h.jpg

1znsd55.jpg

258xu1w.jpg

2ilhhqs.jpg

AK is my hero... just throwing that out there.
plus he looks like a badass in those pictures, hitting awesome shots in jeans, sneakers, and a white shirt... I love to go to the range, and hit great shots, in jeans and chuck taylors, while everyone else is decked out in golf drab, squibing and shanking shots all day... such a sense of accomplishment...;)

Last edited:
Such an interesting thread to discover when I came to the board this morning!

I had a lesson with Brian on Monday, and we were working precisely on moving me from a single shift to a double shift. At one point Brian said we were looking for something like Anthony Kim.

So either Brian, too, likes AK's swing, or perhaps he just thought that was the best he could do with me. :)

Last edited:
I can't wait to see AK this year in the Ryder Cup. Someone said he's the American version of Seve and I love that.

What must be done to shift from TSP to elbow plane? Obviously you must shift to the shallower plane, but what exactly happens during that shift?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Isn't this guy a student of Brady Riggs? Redgoat on this site...maybe he can give some insight.

No, he is someone's student but i believe maybe gave him a lesson or two. Brady states that on his site. I thought the same but he corrected me, didn't want to unjustly take any credit

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
What must be done to shift from TSP to elbow plane? Obviously you must shift to the shallower plane, but what exactly happens during that shift?

If you don't do it naturally, then don't try to change. Trying to learn to perform a shift (to just perform a shift) is one the most detrimental things you can do to your swing.

Those photos are captured from a video that was on Brady Riggs gallery. On the page it says that Adam Schriber was Kim's teacher.

Thanks Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.