What do you film swings with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian just wondered what camcorder you are now using in your lessons. I was looking at the Panasonic HD with 60g hard drive HDC-HS9.

Biggest concern with these HD camceras is whether they are compatible with my V1 software otherwise i can only view them on my HD ready TV with no line drawing software.

Doesnt Brian use the Sanyo HD2?
http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8138

Dont worry about V1 though. If the native format doesnt work you can always convert it to a format that V1 can handle.
And what you want in a camera when you are shooting a golf swing is control over the shutter speed. The higher you can set it, the less blurry (see motion blur) any freeze frames will be so you can easily frame-by-frame a swing.
Other nice features is the ability to overcrank the fps. The higher the fps is the slower you can play it back.

Casio EX-FM1 - nothing else is close for $1,000 - true slow motion video
best for outdoor use in natural sunlight. You need to increase the memory card and get the USB transfer device. Simply remove the sim card form the Camera and insert into USB - PC and transfer the file. Fast and easy. The Camera is sophisticated SLR yet simple to use.
Works well with V1 output is an Apple .MOV file

Last edited:
Do you mean EX-F1?

I couldn't find the EX-FM1 anywhere in Aus.

The EX-F1 is nearly $10K!!!! :confused:

Have you got a link to the camera you are referring to?
For a $9k saving I would fly over and get one duty free, or better yet, I'd get a bloody CRATE of them:D

I've read the reviews on the casio and they seem to be OK at best.

Certainly for the golf enthusiast or high action sports, very hard to beat to capture that moment. Realizing this is not a dslr and not meant to compete against the nikon/canons of the world, what has your experience been with action shots and quality of the stills?

I've read the reviews on the casio and they seem to be OK at best.

Certainly for the golf enthusiast or high action sports, very hard to beat to capture that moment. Realizing this is not a dslr and not meant to compete against the nikon/canons of the world, what has your experience been with action shots and quality of the stills?

I am certainly no camera junkie. This camera is easier to use than any video camera I have ever owned. One button to shoot and one button to play back. That being said if you want to get complicated there are a zillion settings like any good SLR. The quality of the stills do not match a Nikon SLR yet the quality is certainly as good as any pocket digital camera. You buy this camera for the high speed. What camera can literally snap 60 still shots per second?? I would suggest go into a store, demo the camera and decide if it is right for your intended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.