what has this change done???? Jim and the gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.....been REALLY in a funk. and I got to thinking about my arms and hands and more thinking on the left wrist and left lever assembly.
the funk was HUGE pulls and BIGGER hooks, and snaps with the driver. So after coming off this 3-4 year layoff I was really think of going back to hibernation..............anyways...........with all the thinking of the list above I for the past 2 days have been making my left elbow point to my left hip at address......which makes both elbow pits point skyward. then from there standard takeaway and down cocking from there.........hitting it really straight, gained 1/2+ club in irons and fairways DEEP off the tee.........so what I want to know from guys like jim and the gang......what has this change produced in the mechanics of the golf swing? have I done something RIght? or just compensated?

I'm not Jim, and I'm probably wrong, but maybe before, you were over rotating your arms and hands at impact, causing a pull and hook, and by changing that left arm position, it keeps you from rotating that club head so closed?.... maybe...?...... Jim?....

Im probably wrong...

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Hard to say without video, but generally setting your arms up like that will lean to a bit steeper backswing and if you were one of these players who were too laid off and over rotated, this would definitely help.

Status
Not open for further replies.