what kind of tumble would Seve fall into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lia41985

Too much reverse, eventually. Especially with the driver.

Some are prone, when they "stand up" the club that much on the backswing to "lay it down" too much on the downswing.

It ended his career, prematurely.

His life ended, prematurely.

God, I wish he were still here.

God, I wish I could have watched him live in his prime.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/czOho1Q8HeU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Darn you for bringing him up and evoking these emotions in me.

Sorry about that... :(

He was a fellow Arian. April 9th to mine and Matteo Manassero's April 19th.

Last edited:

lia41985

By the way, Seve's one golfer I would definitely teach an exaggerated feeling of left arm flying wedge rotation to.

His "hands were so good" that he could have "managed" it.

Kind of like Tiger :)

Hank wasn't so wrong...

By the way:

Did anyone notice Tiger's reaction to Seve's passing:

'I was deeply saddened to learn about the passing of Seve Ballesteros. I always enjoyed spending time with him at the Champions dinner each year at the Masters,' Woods said on Twitter.

'Seve was one of the most talented and exciting golfers to ever play the game.

'His creativity and inventiveness on the golf course may never be surpassed. His death came much too soon.'

From: Seve Ballesteros 1957-2011: Tributes pour in for golf legend | Mail Online

Besides the passing of his father, Earl, I have never heard Tiger say something as emotional and/or candid as he did there.

For all you youngins out there, here's how the scoreboard reads: three tweets about one death by perhaps the best golfer ever about another golfer.

That means something.

Last edited:

lia41985

Seve not having much left arm flying wedge rotation back, I believe, is a by-product of him having developed one of the most superb chipping and pitching games ever. Those shots don't necessitate as much LAFWR due to the length of the swing required.

As one of our own (but definitely the funniest) Mikes so eloquently put it before (but in relation to Ian Poulter):

Seems to me there's always a yin yang deal when you try to keep things on a razor's edge.

You're a smart dude, Mike :)

By the way, this should tell you...

REALLY TELL YOU

...how important sequencing is.

Like another smart guy once said:

You don't have a golf swing without decent sequencing.

Last edited:
lia41985;239725 From: [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1384531/Seve-Ballesteros-1957-2011-Tributes-pour-golf-legend.html" said:
Seve Ballesteros 1957-2011: Tributes pour in for golf legend | Mail Online[/URL]

Besides the passing of his father, Earl, I have never heard Tiger say something as emotional and/or candid as he did there.

That means something.

Emotional? Candid?
Only, and I do mean only a corporate PR machine could come up with such hackneyed throwaway.

lia41985

I cannot find the quotation Oliver but please believe the following:

Tiger was asked in an interview what he thought about Luke Donald saying that Rory McIlroy was the most talented player he (Donald) had ever seen play.

Tiger shrugged, chucked a bit, then said something along the lines of "Well, I thought Seve was the most talented golfer I'd ever seen play."

I don't think that was Tiger's way of ribbing Rory or Luke. Also, I believe that remark was made about a year after Seve's passing.

But whatever :)

Here's Faldo:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4ffnxnDVW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Seve was, along with John Jacobs, the catalyst for the European Tour we see today.

Maybe they could have helped fixed the current crisis within the monetary union :confused:

Last edited:
When i was a boy;) I saw Seve during his practice round at Royal Troon the year Calc won it. The man was so cool, he really oozed charisma. I stood right next to him and watched him hit 5 balls with a 3 iron into the Par3 5th, each with a different shape, just trying to work out which was best for that hole with that wind. He called the shots before he hit them to his caddie. "I think it need to fly a little higher, with more draw".

He was like a film star, only cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.