What Tiger is Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tiger did better when we worked on motion more than positions. He picked up the importance of posture or ball position better when I would show him how to hit certain shots, which was his favorite thing. I never tried to load him up with a lot of mechanical thoughts." -- John Anselmo

I have always avoided the Tiger discussions so I can't believe I'm starting one. I read this quote today though and it struck me as a great way to learn to "play" the game of golf.

Poor putting is what is wrong, if you constantly hole 6 footers and make the majority of putts you have from 10-6 feet you can cover up a multitude of sins.

I believe poor putting is a result of a poor full swing. What I mean by that is he is probably spending more time working on his full swing and not spending as much time practicing putting.

The quote made me think about my own game more than anything. When I spend to much time thinking about and practicing making swings instead of making shots my scores start going up rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.