what's wrong with pop out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop out...I'm referring to the takeaway of course, where the hands start a bit outside before coming back in.

Seems like maybe great players have this move (Rory McIroy, Kevin Shields :p etc) . And I think recent research (from wiseguys) has shown that the hands should pop out slightly to be optimum.

So what do you guys think about this? If you're strictly following the soft draw pattern you're not supposed to pop out...but I think the pattern can work really well also even with a bit of pop out.

Pop out...I'm referring to the takeaway of course, where the hands start a bit outside before coming back in.

Seems like maybe great players have this move (Rory McIroy, Kevin Shields :p etc) . And I think recent research (from wiseguys) has shown that the hands should pop out slightly to be optimum.

So what do you guys think about this? If you're strictly following the soft draw pattern you're not supposed to pop out...but I think the pattern can work really well also even with a bit of pop out.

If you don't practice everyday like they do, no instructors monitor you, you can end up super flat at the top eventually. To be honest, I think Rory only does a tiny bit...

Not really a mega problem IMO in terms of geometry, because it CAN (not always) get you laid off at the top thus enabling a tumble in the downswing.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Someone who has a very stiff armed swing. Someone who lays it down too much on the downswing or on the backswing.

I could come up with more....

Status
Not open for further replies.