When #2 is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In swinging, do you release all #2 then release #3 for impact? The reason I ask is when I was doing a single arm drill today, trying to educate my hands, on the left arm alone, I try to feel the uncocking then rolling, ie sequenced release. Then I find out you can release all #2 then #3, this will give a more parallel to the target line feel. Is this also related to maximum delay?

My question is then in full swing, do you want to feel or release all #2 uncocking then rolling or to have both together. Before, I just unable to feel the separation, I guess now my hands are more educated.

For Swinging, it's usually a sequenced release. This maximizes speed. Overlapping, which IS a choice, maximizes thrust.

However, I believe that the Hitting experts say that #2 and #3 are always released simultaneously, if the recommended single wrist action is used. The question is, can standard wrist action be used in Hitting, and if so, can the release of #2 and #3 be sequential?

I am swinging, therefore should I practice to have #2 release fully first? since as you said this will maximizes speed. Doing that, I feel a lot of wrist action, manuipulating action, as you need to uncock fully then roll. Is timing a issue too?

I just can't help but chuckle about a thread entitled "when #2 is released" I get the picture of an old golfer in plaid pants with explosive diarhea. I'm warped i admit it, i just can't help it.

I have to tell you that I'm not even aware of #2 release, BUT am very aware of #3. I use a swinging procedure with single wrist action, and the release is simultaneous. You probably use standard wrist action, which, it seems to me, makes sequential release a normal procedure. Yes, timing is very important in the sequenced release. I think it's important to practice it in slow motion. Just remember that throwout(#3 accum release) with a Flat Left Wrist is the "magic door" through which #2 accumulator is applied to the ball through the impact interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.