When I swing faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
Ive been hitting my driver really good past few weeks.. Did the drill where I hit a ball 150 yards and then next ball hit it 200 yards and so forth.
I get up to around 250 carry and anything after that results in a snap hook..

Should i accept 250 as my max carry or is there something i can possibly do to get rid of the hook when trying to hit it harder?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Sounds like when you start accelerating your torso harder, the arms get thrown further behind you. You need to keep the arms from getting sucked in, down and back on the harder swings.

Sounds like when you start accelerating your torso harder, the arms get thrown further behind you. You need to keep the arms from getting sucked in, down and back on the harder swings.

Im having very similar issues. In general, i just try to swing faster with the arms and that helps to some extent.
Brian, i would love to hear some ideas/drills to prevent this.

That sounds like what it feels like.. When i swing smooth it feels like my arms and torso are turning together ..
Thanks Ill see if I can make that advice work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.