Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jim. I tried to get the camera lined up straight down my foot line, but it's tough to tell how close it really was. I definitely struggle with my alignment and try to get it close to correct by using the alignment stick, but haven't really paid much attention to the shoulder alignment. I will definitely keep working on it. Do you think it would be better to align a little left to feel like I'm hitting a little push?

What I haven't figured out is how to keep the hands/arms from going out/ott with the upper body starting the downswing. It has improved, but as you can tell, it's still there. It seems as if I don't do this move, then I would have to really swing more around my left leg and turn down the left wrist more with tumble instead of the ott? So the takeaway is probably going in for too long into the backswing? and fixing this should help more.

I think it's time for a So. Cal. tour stop for Brian. How about swinging by (pun intended) after the Anti-summit?

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Thanks Jim. I tried to get the camera lined up straight down my foot line, but it's tough to tell how close it really was. I definitely struggle with my alignment and try to get it close to correct by using the alignment stick, but haven't really paid much attention to the shoulder alignment. I will definitely keep working on it. Do you think it would be better to align a little left to feel like I'm hitting a little push?

yes, by aiming more left and still trying to swing right you will still have effectively moved your path more left.

What I haven't figured out is how to keep the hands/arms from going out/ott with the upper body starting the downswing.

Well thats your problem, you shouldn't be using the upper body because in most cases you won't initiate enough hip slide and thus won't have enough axis tilt to shallow out properly enough. Downswing should start from the ground up.

New and Improved?

Been working on some stuff. Tough to break the X-factor habit. May still need a bit more slack at the top?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OssMrFQfJw4?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OssMrFQfJw4?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I say swing 1. This biggest difference I saw was that you were standing closer to the ball in swing 2, but you had the same downswing motion. Your hands were much higher relative to where they started in swing 2. That could be the reason why you eliminated your misses left with swing 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.