White Ants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
Ugh...don't get me started on those guys, Steve.

How you hittin' 'em down Under?

Hope you are doing well.

Actually I started the thread with a link to the Better Golf Through Technology Conference.

And Birdie posted the text from Brian's site.

And I have purchased stuff from Brian. As has the guy who responded to Birdie's post.

Don't let the facts get in the way though.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here is my response posted "over there."

I was criticized for the 10,000th time for being honest. In a business full of behind-closed-door criticism, at least you get it out in the open with me. After my last honest video, ATT sent me a $100 commission for creating hours of extra phone usage time. ;) This was a response to a post where someone thought it was wrong of me to grade the presenters at the MIT Summit last year. Just for the record, I spoke at the first TGM Summit, and I gave myself a C+

Thanks for all the honest comments.

I should have done a much more complete review of the first MIT Summit if I was going to give grades.

I have attened every USPGA National Summit, the MIT Summit, and both TGM Summits. I have attended probably 50 more "Teaching Seminars" and given about a dozen presentations myself. I am a PGA Member and a TGM GSED. I have taught PGA Tour winners, and winners on every level except the LPGA Tour. Even my critics like my videos.

If I can't give grades to teachers, who is qualified?

Professional Courtesy? What a joke. All the folks YOU think are probably "beyond reproach" do triple the bad mouthing I do, but do it for the WRONG REASONS. Like hurting someone who is good, BECAUSE they are good. It happens everyday in every business. At least with me, you get an honest answer.

When I go to a seminar, I would like it if everyone is an A+ prensenter giving an A+ presentation.

Most of the time, it is very, very far from that. The USPGA Summit is shrinking in attendence every time it is held. Why? The #1 reason given to me is "I don't learn anything." #2 is "It is the same old teachers." At least I pay my money and listen with an open mind.

I am attending the second MIT Summit this week. I could post a completely positive review, with no grades, with nothing but bouquets on this site as an exclusive if that would make anyone happy.

But, what I WILL do, is what I always do on my site—give credit where credit is due, and give honest evaluations of everyone.

Thanks again,

Brian Manzella

Brian,

I spoke with them today and asked if the videos of last year were available - they said no and they were not sure about this years either.

If you think it might be worthwhile, see if you can influence them to make the info available as it is not the kind of info that is generally available.

It is Birdie's choice to participate in the various forums he chooses to - he seems intelligent, capable of taking care of himself and having some fun with it also :).

Contrary to the broad brush comments of some, I am sure you are aware that some of us are well aware of the politics of the golf teaching game.

I guess it is just a case of different people taking differing approaches as to how they respond to things in life - life "response" patterns instead of "stroke" patterns in golf analogy I guess.

Clearly you have made a choice about how to present yourself, your work and material and your choice seems to be a concious one and for that you should be commended.

PS: How do we get in on the ATT lark :).

Last edited:

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Doing well Eric. I am on plane and I know where my hands are:p

Cant wait though catching up with Brian at Augusta on Wed.

Its a great forum Eric keep speaking the truth!
Ugh...don't get me started on those guys, Steve.

How you hittin' 'em down Under?

Hope you are doing well.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
4 barrels - U going to the masters? Who else is going ? I am thinking of going - just that season is just starting here in NY

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Mike,

Taking a tour party come join us Ian Paul GSEM(real deal AI) will be on board, We play 3 courses in area also.

Brian will be there on Tue and Wed.

Hey maybee we can all work on our basic motion ciriculum together!:D :D

Pointing and tracing and zero pivot.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.