Who are you rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

That's some nasty rough isn't it!! :(

Tiger hit a shot at Firestone on 18 from a lie in the left trees in an area where the rough
hadn't been cut for over a week. It was close to that pic. It was so bad after they finally
found it and Stevie put the bad down and they sized up the shot, when they came back
they couldn't find it again. Tiger took a might slash at it like only he can do and not only
did he dig it out, but it threaded it's way through the trees and ended up on the green
within birdied range. Don't recall exactly but about 15/20 feet. The swath of grass he
took from the shot was huge.

I may be wrong, but I do not think the rough portrayed on Hogan pic is a place that seen a mower for less than half a year, not a week or two. I will be frank, D., I do not believe that Woods could hit onto the green (a shot that would have required 140 yards or something) from such rough. Hogan is visibly standing in rough almost knee high.
Of course, we could verify it if we had a pic of Woods in that rough.

You're a rough freak, I get it! There's an open field close to where I live, if you get to the States I'll take you there and you can show me your prowess hitting shots from it. It's at least mid-thigh high and pretty thick.

Naah, I am not a rough freak. I am just very experienced in rough. I basically have three shots: a. being in the worst knee-hip high rough a chop down with SW and leaving the clubface in the ground to force the ball go out to the fairway; b. in a less severe rough hitting with a open face hybrid (the hybrid must be iron-wood, never wood-iron and the shaft very stiff and MOI of the whole club very high) for longer shots and c. a flop shot with my AW when the ball lies in a nest.
That's all. I can show and teach anyone who wants how to deal with it.
The best is to prevent it even at the cost of losing distance. That's why I play with such queer clubs as my steel shafted driver, wood and hybrid with an enormous MOI.
BTW, I never try to do silly things when I am in severe rough since I can end as these guys:

If they knew what to do being in a real rough (which is anyhow sort of ridiculous comparing to this I describe) they would have surely chosen wiser solutions as they are elite world players. But, as it can be seen, they are clueless, intimidated and overestimating their abilities. It shows how rarely they play in more severe conditions.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.