Who Dat? .........ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

natep

New
Speaking of Vince Lombardi, I'd just like to say..........

WHO DAT?

:D

Brian Manzella said:
Speaking of Vince Lombardi, I'd just like to say..........

WHO DAT?

:D

Yeah, where's my boy Kevin, huh?

Last edited:

ej20

New
Lombardi's famous quotes must be kept in context as they were mostly from his football experience.

I'm sure he probably had a losing record in arguments with his wife.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Very entertaining game. There was no way I thought possible the Steelers would lose to that team. The entire dynamic of the game was changed when the Steelers got stopped at the goal line in the first quarter. Apart from the goofy dome, trick plays drawn up in the dirt, and a freak fumble by one of the best tight ends in the game, the Saints played a touch more desperate than the Steelers. They blitzed more and put Ben, who obviously isnt 100% back, on the scramble mode all night. I was very disappointed they didnt pressure Brees on those late 3rd downs in the 4th quarter.

Get a real slogan! You stole that from the Bengals.

We will meet again.....if you even make the playoffs!

(good game, though:cool:)

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
....blah, blah, blah....

Who is the greatest team of all-time?

Probably the Lombardi Packers, who 5 NFL championships with the same basic team.

If you took Herb Adderley and Willie Wood (Starting Corners) and Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor (Two main Running Backs) off of the team for a few games, they'd be in big trouble against a team like the colts.

You do realize that Tracey Porter, Jabari Greer, Pierre Thomas, and Reggie Bush were all in street clothes?

Tell Polly-mama-boo-hoo to go jump on top of a pile somewhere.

Who Dat?

The one thing about winning the Super Bowl is that the next year is more often than not a gong show when it comes to injuries. Uncanny.

Kevin, would you say in your opinion that angular momentum was conserved when Heath Miller spun?

It looked liked he lost some energy late in the spin and it fell on the goofy dome field.....
:)

Very entertaining game. There was no way I thought possible the Steelers would lose to that team. The entire dynamic of the game was changed when the Steelers got stopped at the goal line in the first quarter. Apart from the goofy dome, trick plays drawn up in the dirt, and a freak fumble by one of the best tight ends in the game, the Saints played a touch more desperate than the Steelers. They blitzed more and put Ben, who obviously isnt 100% back, on the scramble mode all night. I was very disappointed they didnt pressure Brees on those late 3rd downs in the 4th quarter.

Get a real slogan! You stole that from the Bengals.

We will meet again.....if you even make the playoffs!

(good game, though:cool:)

Kevin, I don't mean to be argumentative, but the Who Dat chant goes back in New Orleans to Vaudeville and the late1800's. The Bengals chant makes it all the way back to the 1970's. It's pretty clear who stole from whom.

And yes, the Saints and Steelers could very well meet again this year.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I took the Saints + the points, i just had a feeling they were gonna bounce back after the embarrassing loss to the Browns at home and wouldn't lose at home twice in a row.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Probably the Lombardi Packers, who 5 NFL championships with the same basic team.

If you took Herb Adderley and Willie Wood (Starting Corners) and Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor (Two main Running Backs) off of the team for a few games, they'd be in big trouble against a team like the colts.

You do realize that Tracey Porter, Jabari Greer, Pierre Thomas, and Reggie Bush were all in street clothes?

Who Dat?

Blah, blah, blah...

So were Brett Keisel (def line) Aaron Smith (pro bowl def line) and Willie Colon (right tackle).:p

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Kevin, I don't mean to be argumentative, but the Who Dat chant goes back in New Orleans to Vaudeville and the late1800's. The Bengals chant makes it all the way back to the 1970's. It's pretty clear who stole from whom.

And yes, the Saints and Steelers could very well meet again this year.

Then why did they never use it before last year? Win one Super Bowl and they act like they have 6.

And yes, I'm the biggest a****le when it comes to defending my home teams.:D

Who Dat?

I was thinking that of the more modern NFL the 92 -95 cowboys may have been the Best team. They had 11 players start in the 93 probowl (nfl record) and Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith,Michael Irvin andDeone Sanders in the HOF and Larry Allen,Charles Haley,Jay Novacek and Daryl Johnston that may one day see the hall.
and don't forget one of only 2 coaches to win a National championship and a super bowl Jimmy Johnson. the other guy was Barry switzer who won with Jimmy's team and coaching staff...
I'm a Dolphins fan but I had to get my pick in,

Then why did they never use it before last year? Win one Super Bowl and they act like they have 6.

And yes, I'm the biggest a****le when it comes to defending my home teams.:D

Tom and Brian have offered proof of the when, now my question is, how are you defending your team by claiming the Saints stole your division rival's chant? Don't you hate the Bengals? Wouldn't it be more fun rubbing it in their face that they had to steal someone else's chant?

Who Dey vs. Who Dat - NYTimes.com

So one team's fans got the chant from a used car commercial and the other team's fans used something from the history and heritage of their city.

Hmmm. Kevin, I'd say you've got some more ammo for those Bungle fans you know.

Last edited:
Tom and Brian have offered proof of the when, now my question is, how are you defending your team by claiming the Saints stole your division rival's chant? Don't you hate the Bengals? Wouldn't it be more fun rubbing it in their face that they had to steal someone else's chant?

BUT the Bengals didn't whoop that ass. Yet.

I am happy for the Saints fans and they do deserve to live it up after decades of embarrassing moments.

Sam Mills is still the best player to wear that uniform as part of the "dome patrol".

Anyway, let us wait to see if this current Saints squad can produce anything resembling the modern NFL dynasties such as the STEELERS or patriots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.