WHO IS Jim Waldron ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcw

New
I'm reading about him right now. Pretty impressive so far. It appears he has done quite a bit of research. Interesting.

I've known Jim for over a decade. He has been exposed to TGM over the years, but I don't think is an AI. We met at a MORAD workshop and I know he was friends with someone from Elkington's camp that was learning from Doyle. While I havn't talked with him very much in recent years, I do know that he's studied the yellow book in depth and applied it to his teachings. His knowledge a great background in psychology and has a talent for applying it to golf. Jim, like Brian, are a growing minority that have forged ahead in recent years against opposition in the PGA that have their heads in the sand!!

RE: Jim Waldron

I took a three day Balance Point School in Hawaii about 5 years ago. It was a good Teacher to Student ratio (1:3). I don't believe he is an AI. He does speak of O'Grady. Looking back, he is definetly influenced by The Golfing Machine either directly or indirectly. At the time I had never heard of The Golfing Machine.

It was a positive experience and a good school. He provided material to read prior to and after the school. He also suggested additional reading material such as Boomer's On Leaning Golf and Dante's Four Magic Moves. I think he would be an asset if he were to participate in this outstanding forum.

The only thing is...and I may have misunderstood him all these years...but he had me preturning my hips "open" at setup/address. As you can imagine I have struggled with roundhousing ever since.

PChandler

Profoundly interesting.
This guy is definitely worth speaking to.
He is talking about the "Turning Shoulder Plane" when he talks of his arm swing illusion though.
And the body can duplicate a machine, to escape limiting old concepts.
Western science and technology - mechanical, billiard games
East - organic or correlative
Depends how you look at it. As no one ever saw an up without a down or a left without a right it only means they are two poles of the same thing.
What is explicitly two can be implicitly one.
And UG Krishnamurti is much more interesting than Jiddu!.
Now where did I put my water pipe?.

Status
Not open for further replies.