Why is....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it because of the paid site Manzella and company launch a while ago? Not nearly as much activity as there used to be here. Or is it the sign of the times with golf in general being in decline? When I got an email announcing the updated site I expected much more participation. Even Brian seems to be hardly ever here.

Is it because of the paid site Manzella and company launch a while ago? Not nearly as much activity as there used to be here. Or is it the sign of the times with golf in general being in decline? When I got an email announcing the updated site I expected much more participation. Even Brian seems to be hardly ever here.

Yes I agree, very dead on here.
I think it is a sign of the times like you say, and I also think golf forums have ran their course. I miss them but people seem to be tired of the disagreements.

Who knows what the answer is, but a lot instructors seem to have gone the way of videos on u tube.

ZAP

New
I think Facebook has taken over as the go to place for instructors. As someone who wants no part of Facebook they can have it.

spider

New
I don't think there is a paid site anymore. The problem with facebook is the instructors are communicating with each other and laymen can't participate or learn like on the forums. I just go to Golfwrx now for my fix. I find some stuff on facebook but hard to hunt it down even in the Golf sports science group and X golf school group. Oh well end of an era it seems.

Like another poster said, forums have just run their course. Many instructors have used them to gain followings but the same thing can be done through other mediums now without all of the time one has to dedicate to interacting with people on a forum. So there's that, and also people have started to realize that nobody really has the answer to the golf swing. Nobody. You're a lot better off spending the time at the range figuring out what works for you rather than trying to sort through the endlessly complex and conflicting information being spewed from the internet.

You can't figure out the "science" behind the golf swing on your own on the range if you are the kind of person that wants/needs to understand the "physics". Some people don't but then I don't understand why they would come to this site. Interpreting the "science" is the totally unique thing Brian and Mike Jacobs have been doing and making available. It's unrealistic IMO to expect there can be a continual flow of new information of this type. But it sounds like there will be at the Symposium and I hope topics from that will be discussed here.

You can't figure out the "science" behind the golf swing on your own on the range if you are the kind of person that wants/needs to understand the "physics". Some people don't but then I don't understand why they would come to this site.

They don't anymore. This forum has not always been completely centered around science. I think a large contingent of people that once visited the site regularly did so because they got a good mix of science with some practical application mixed in. Now there is a lot of the former and very little of the latter, so those folks have left and are probably getting bad information elsewhere and the folks that want to hear about the science are all that remain here.

And you are absolutely right in that it will take a lot of time for information to flow from the scientific community. Academic research takes a tremendous amount of time and it is completely unrealistic for anyone to expect a new aha moment each week.

Well,

I just joined. I belong to quite a few automotive forums. In joining this forum ... I look for some opinions knowing that the source may be mostly anecdotal. The other reason I belong to forums is the friendly banter. Got to keep it light.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Understand that there are LOT of things going on behind the scene....If I could come out here with everything we have, I would. In time.

Brian,

Not to suck up, but I joined this forum because I watched some of your YouTube videos, and they really helped my game. The video about keeping the right foot down prior to impact has turned my game around. I look forward to reading more of your insightful, knowledgable posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.