Working on "Soft Draw;" Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on it

EDIT: Editing this to say that Brian gave me some things to work on. Thanks to the two other people who responded. :)

Last edited:

pld

New
You need finish with a 3/4 follow thru and look where the butt end of the club is pointing. You want it to at least point at the target while learning it is a good idea to make the butt end of the club to point to the right of the target. A good way to practice is take like a 7iron and hit it about 125 yards making the butt end of the club point to the right of the target. You should get a nice little draw.

pld

I see Luke Donald.......Stuart Cink..............Steve Stricker..........Mike Finney......Vaughn Taylor...........Ge-off Ogilvy. (as Jim said)

This is what I'm working on right now. (drawing it)

"Pull from the top" for more draw..............."drop and pivot" (float load for more FATS) for less draw. Plus alter stance and ball position of course.

Still in the works tho.

You need finish with a 3/4 follow thru and look where the butt end of the club is pointing. You want it to at least point at the target while learning it is a good idea to make the butt end of the club to point to the right of the target. A good way to practice is take like a 7iron and hit it about 125 yards making the butt end of the club point to the right of the target. You should get a nice little draw.

pld

Yeah, I did that for a while, and it worked, but I lost it when I went to a full swing. What I needed to know was the downswing motion that actually got me to that point, and what type of finish happened after that. Brian was kind enough to fill in the blanks for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.