Yellow Brick Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after buying all Brian's videos and trying all his patterns NHA 2.0 works the best for me.

Thanks for coming out with it last ! LOL.

I'm keying on the Yellow Brick Road that seems to give me a more dynamic pivot and actually on video helps me hold the angle on the shaft longer in the downswing.

I had a A+ backswing with my old pattern and then no movement on the downswing throwing the club away big time.

I'm getting about a 3 yard fade with the driver and hitting it where I'm looking.

So,here is the question......

How do I draw it from here? Or am I being stupid?

Well after buying all Brian's videos and trying all his patterns NHA 2.0 works the best for me.

Thanks for coming out with it last ! LOL.

I'm keying on the Yellow Brick Road that seems to give me a more dynamic pivot and actually on video helps me hold the angle on the shaft longer in the downswing.

I had a A+ backswing with my old pattern and then no movement on the downswing throwing the club away big time.

I'm getting about a 3 yard fade with the driver and hitting it where I'm looking.

So,here is the question......

How do I draw it from here? Or am I being stupid?

I'm curious about this, too. I seem to hit it best using NHA elements, but I'd like to know if I need a completely different swing to turn it over.

I'm curious about this, too. I seem to hit it best using NHA elements, but I'd like to know if I need a completely different swing to turn it over.

You are basically eliminating the left side of the golf course. Why do you want to worry about turning it over? I watched Jeev at the Masters. The guy has made a mint and couldn't turn the ball over if his life depended on it.

You are basically eliminating the left side of the golf course. Why do you want to worry about turning it over? I watched Jeev at the Masters. The guy has made a mint and couldn't turn the ball over if his life depended on it.

I agree somewhat, especially since I think that eliminating one side will help me improve faster since I don't get to play as much as I want. But on those days when I'm feeling good, on a course that heavily favors right-to-left shots, I'd like to be able to take advantage of it. Besides that, my driver spins too much, so i really get a lot more yardage out of it when I turn it over. It basically comes down to wondering if I have the option available to me, just in case.

Why do you want to worry about turning it over?

Are you serious? Depending on the shot, sometimes you absolutely have to be able to work the ball both directions.

PS GREAT QUESTION. So far I just close the club and it goes right to left but it's pretty low (at least with the driver). Which worked out since it was windy.

Are you serious? Depending on the shot, sometimes you absolutely have to be able to work the ball both directions.

PS GREAT QUESTION. So far I just close the club and it goes right to left but it's pretty low (at least with the driver). Which worked out since it was windy.

I completely disagree. There are some holes where it would be an advantage to hit it right to left but ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO? That is just not true.

I completely disagree. There are some holes where it would be an advantage to hit it right to left but ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO? That is just not true.

In general, I agree that even low handicap amateurs really don't need to work the ball as much as they sometimes think they do. I don't see Mediate or Perry hitting fades very often, and each was a hair away from winning a major.

But it does depend a bit on where you play golf. Now that I'm back in America, it feels like I can hit every ball straight and not worry about it. But playing in the UK on a course where 40mph was not an especially windy day, there were times when you really HAD TO work the ball one way or the other.

I hit some slight draws with NHA unintentionally the other day. I think I either went right of the YBR or I had the clubface closed somewhat. Maybe a combination of both. I experimented a bit but didn't really want to stray from grooving the true NHA pattern.

Ever had to go around a tree?? There are most certainly shots that you HAVE TO work the ball either left or right. If not, your score will reflect it.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

tell that to trevino

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
You trying to tell me he NEVER hit a shot that went right to left??

He was quoted as saying when there was a right to left hole he just aimed further left so that he wasn't too far to the right when the ball finished up. Most of the best players every play 1 main shot and rarely go with the other.

Ever had to go around a tree?? There are most certainly shots that you HAVE TO work the ball either left or right. If not, your score will reflect it.

I am not talking about being in the woods and trying to hook one around a tree to get out. I am talking about standing on a tee box and the strategy of playing a hole. Again I point to Jeev Milka - I honestly do not think he could move the ball right to left if his life depended on it and the guy has won MILLIONS. I'm just saying...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Geez...

NHA2 adjustment for right-to-left shot:

Aim slightly right of where you want the ball to start.

More inside takeaway than standard NHA2.

On the downswing SLIDE the hips only (far as you know ;)).

Let the arms cross the belt buckle, as you rotate the WHOLE LEFT ARM downward and inward (toward you).

:)

I've had this trouble too...NHA hard to convert to draws. (though that says the pattern is doing its job as really hook proof)

I play well with NHA. I need to revisit this. I've always had trouble with any kind of rotated shoulder turn and a full roll through the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.