You Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale47

New
I was watching some of Brian's clips on You Tube today. I looked at the comments tab and found only 3 replies. I believe it's going to be up to us to start leaving some replies so this guy can his fair due. We have 7,000 members,if a 1/3 start leaving comments,we could create the BUZZ thats needed in the teaching industry for him to get noticed !

Not a bad eye-dee-er.

I always try to rate them at least. I do leave comments on a lot of them when I have something I want to say.

tank

New
Hi Tank,
I'm not sure. All I figure is this, the more publicity the better !!

I hear what you're saying; it cant hurt to leave a comment, maybe at least log-in to rate them highly and add them to your favorites.

I'll do that.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
In The Land Of The Blind The Man With One Eye Is King!
Unless you have some idea about golf techniques, the average joe sixpack would not be educated enough to able to appreciate the genius in Brian's clips (even though he can relate to all walks of life). Therefore unless there is a comments ground swell of popularity by us the 'sheep' will not follow.
It is up to us to comment on his great clips.

Pop instruction is a lot easier to sell : its simple just avoid any unecessary motion bend you back knee and swing your arms keeping your head still! Lol.

tank

New
In The Land Of The Blind The Man With One Eye Is King!
Unless you have some idea about golf techniques, the average joe sixpack would not be educated enough to able to appreciate the genius in Brian's clips (even though he can relate to all walks of life). Therefore unless there is a comments ground swell of popularity by us the 'sheep' will not follow.
It is up to us to comment on his great clips.

Pop instruction is a lot easier to sell : its simple just avoid any unecessary motion bend you back knee and swing your arms keeping your head still! Lol.

I thought that very thing as I began watching Brians' videos again. When most folks hear things such as snapping kinetic chain, F.A.T.S., Hitting vs. Swinging, The Golfing Machine, etc., their eyes will gloss over, and they will immediately look for a video of someone reiterating the same stuff as was repeated in the latest issue of Golf Digest.

I know, because that used to be me.

Hopefully this campaign can help to change that.

Last edited:

dale47

New
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wRYgWExRE

this is one reason why, i think, some people are sceptical about golf instruction on youtube. if you can bear it, watch the other posts by this guy and you'll understand

in fact this one is worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQ4FYdDaMA

And HE gets 20 comments!!!!!I'll be damned. This gets right to my point, Brian gives 20 minutes of quality instruction (FOR FREE) and gets 3 friggin comments. This guys is peddling shit and people can't get enuf. Is it just consumer ignorance ? I think the more we post,the more we'll educate.

And HE gets 20 comments!!!!!I'll be damned. This gets right to my point, Brian gives 20 minutes of quality instruction (FOR FREE) and gets 3 friggin comments. This guys is peddling shit and people can't get enuf. Is it just consumer ignorance ? I think the more we post,the more we'll educate.

we have to comment in the right way. i we just cover brian with compliments peolple will reckon we're just pandering to him. if we question him, and let brian answer through youtube, as opposed to refering everyone to his forum, i think he will get more exposure. i know another pro who has neary 70 vids on Utube, and he openly asks everyone to askchim questions and he answers them. i think this is the way to go

and to be fair dale, you realise those 20 comments are saying how terrible he is lol

Last edited:

dbl

New
Perhaps with the "bad" videos, it is just easier for people to be critical, while with Brian's excellent videos they just don't have an easy evaluation to make if they haven't seen "the truth" before.

Now if some Leadbetter videos were put up, people would probably drool all over themselves heaping praise because of a herd/bandwagon mentality even though they don't understand whether it's really correct or not. It's tough work educating joe six pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.