You want to hit it long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generate 110 mph clubhead speed and can't even think about how to get an extra 5 mph of clubhead speed let alone an extra 35 mph to get into his range. What makes him so special/incomprehensible is his normal size. He isn't 6'5" 300 pounds. He's so incomprehensible that it would be like someone who's 6' 200 pounds playing left tackle in the NFL and being an All-Pro.

The HD simulator looks interesting.

Last edited:
200 yard 6 iron swinging right easy, crosshanded...

Geez...

It would be interesting to know how well his power transfers over to other sports and activities. What else can he do if tested?

Maybe it is rare for someone to be strong with such flexibility...etc.

Funny to watch and listen to the LD guys talk about mechanics. Not saying it's perfect, but they seem to have some pretty good ideas. So...watching the LD circuit...safe to say, those guys know how to, or at least can, generate power. How come people think you can't be precise using similar mechanics?

You know how to create power...well...tweak er up baby...

Do you have to reinvent the wheel (back to wagon wheels) to control the clubface and put it on a precise path? Nah...

Jamie has a fine swing.

Fiddle Drill @ 2:33...

He keeps doing it throughout...seems to have a pretty delicate feel for the club...

Last edited:

Geez...

It would be interesting to know how well his power transfers over to other sports and activities. What else can he do if tested?

I got the chance to meet him a year ago and I asked him how he trained. He insisted all he did was play hockey. He said his slapshot was clocked at 104 mph.

He has a one off swing that no one else has a chance of copying. It is great for forum banter, but has little relevance to your game. Go learn Austin and crack it 300 with ease.

Geez...

Maybe it is rare for someone to be strong with such flexibility...etc.

Funny to watch and listen to the LD guys talk about mechanics. Not saying it's perfect, but they seem to have some pretty good ideas. So...watching the LD circuit...safe to say, those guys know how to, or at least can, generate power. How come people think you can't be precise using similar mechanics?

You know how to create power...well...tweak er up baby...

Do you have to reinvent the wheel (back to wagon wheels) to control the clubface and put it on a precise path? Nah...

Jamie has a fine swing.

I think there is a very good reason many of the legends of the game were told at an early age "swing for the fences, we'll find it later" and not "swing easy Jacky, we don't want you going out of bounds now..."

Accuracy through control of power. Not power through control of accuracy.

I've met Jamie and he was almost going to be in the Tour Striker infomercial. His agent got a little greedy so we didn't use him. He's a freak. Yeah, he's not a big guy, but he is all lean muscle. Last month, I played with a buddy of his, Alex Devilling, who was a former college football QB and is another freak. He goes about 6'4 and can do a standing back flip in golf khakis on call. I'd need a medic if I tried that. I can move it a decent distance and he can hit it 100 by me. I hit 3-wood about 260 and he hit 4 iron right with me:) Nice. However, I can beat the piss out of him score-wise. He's trying to play and has sick talent, just needs to keep learning and working at it.

The swing is only for people with two hands, two feet, a spine, and a head.

The 3 ball is a given.

So, my average student who is mid 50's, a little overweight, very little flexibility in the mid-section, and swings about 92 mph........is going to employ the Austin method and raise his swing speed to 108 minimum....and get all the launch parameters correct...and have 300 as a given?

Status
Not open for further replies.