Zero out path

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using the soft draw pattern it worked very well for me. Then the only thing I could hit was blocks no matter how hard I tried swinging left. So I tried making a NSA type swing and I believe its the pattern for me. (the full roll was the biggest key). I switched to it the week before regional and shot 76, 73 when before that at district I was shooting 83's because of blocks and poor short game, (skull wedges, 3 putts). Yesterday convinced me this was my pattern. I played 9 holes and made 5 birdies and a double bogey. I even hit one flagstick. The thing is though every iron I hit started a little right and drew about 2 yards. BUT I NEVER TOOK A DIVOT THE WHOLE ROUND. Except with wedges. I picked it right off the ground and it was solid but not even a scrape with any club lower than a 9 iron. Here is my question: Does this mean I'm swinging too inside out? My brother said I have just zeroed out the path perfectly. My irons have not been fitted for me since last may and according to our height chart I have grown 5 inches since last july. Is that the problem? What gives?

Last edited:
I went to get my irons fitted for me and even though I've grown 5 inches he said 2 degrees upright was fine and he said they still fit me. I just want to know why with 8 iron down I'm just not making a divot and if its a bad thing.

ggsjpc

New
Did the guy have you hit on a lie board or did he just look at you and say you're fine? I doubt that the length is big part what if the guy said that to me I would go somewhere else.

He put me on a lie board with tape on the bottom of my club. The mark was on the center to slightly toward the toe. He said, "Nothing much I can do with that. Your fine."

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I went to get my irons fitted for me and even though I've grown 5 inches he said 2 degrees upright was fine and he said they still fit me. I just want to know why with 8 iron down I'm just not making a divot and if its a bad thing.

If you're on the firm ground of Texas and the ball isnt ballooning on you and the distance is fine id say the nsa pattern is getting you to use your left shoulder correctly, get some lean without using the leading egde so much.

Thanks Kevin. I'm going to the Colonial this sunday and every time we go everyone takes divots there that I know of. This was the reason I was wondering if I'd be better off taking divots. However David Toms picked almost everything clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.