Bob Bush says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
70% of power comes from the right shoulder...

Shafts load when the left atm is parallel to the grounf and the shaft is vertical on the downswing

Bottom of swing with a driver in FRONT of the ball

hmmm.........

quote:Originally posted by brianman

70% of power come from the right shoulder...

Shafts load when the left atm is parallel to the grounf and the shaft is vertical on the downswing

Bottom of swing with a driver in FRONT of the ball

hmmm.........

When did Bob Bush (ex-TT) tell you these things?

Did he provide you with the a reference for the 70% right shoulder power calculations.?

When the left arm is parallel and the shaft vertical (approximately), the flow of momentum substantially increases the angle between the left forearm and shaft (Accumulator #?). This happens automatically because the left wrist is not strong enought to resist the momentum flow.

Yes maximum clubhead speed is attained by the driver with a free swing (no ball) in front of the lead foot, when both arms are extended straight at the elbows. That's why LD competitors tee up the ball ahead of their lead foot. Simple kinetic fact.

So if you attempt to hit the teed ball with a descending driver clubhead path, your kinetic energy level will be pathetically low in comparison to a level or ascending clubhead path into ball impact.

Anybody who would suggest a descending driver clubhead path into ball impact is totally ignorant of the scientific facts of the golfswing.

Bob Bush knows ......[8]

Hmmmmmm indeed.

The second one sounds illogical.

As for bottom of swing arc, depends on where the spine is and when the arms extend. Timing is everything.

redan

New
There is an article/chapter in Michael Hebron's Secrets & Lies book that is co-written by Hebron & Bush. It explains WHY the driver is hit down-- I quoted it on FGI a year or more ago--

I think the gist of it was the illusion of hitting up is due to the weighting and design of the driver.

Why is everyone still responding to this confirmed de-bait-er? There's an old 10 lb bass in my pond that's been grabbing the same lure at the same place for years!

quote:Originally posted by redan

There is an article/chapter in Michael Hebron's Secrets & Lies book that is co-written by Hebron & Bush. It explains WHY the driver is hit down-- I quoted it on FGI a year or more ago--

I think the gist of it was the illusion of hitting up is due to the weighting and design of the driver.

Launch Monitors prove with real-time measurements that you must hit upwards at Impact to optimize launch conditions.

I have several of Hebron's books but not the one you mention. Met Hebron and he said he has a Masters degree in Kineseology. Go figure ..... zen !!!!!!

Could you repost the text your FGI message explaining why the clubhead hits downward on the ball at impact according to Hebron (GSED) and Bob Bush. Thanks.

Bush states that efficient swings do not impact the ball on the upswing. Any action causing the driver face to impact the ball 2 degrees up is the result of what the center of gravity, located behind the face and also behind the axis of the shaft and is trying to line up with the handle, of the driver is doing, not the swing. The bottom of the driver swing is certainly slightly ahead of a vertical line up from the ball.
See Hebron's book page 218
See Bob Bush if you need further explanation.

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

Bush states that efficient swings do not impact the ball on the upswing. Any action causing the driver face to impact the ball 2 degrees up is the result of what the center of gravity, located behind the face and also behind the axis of the shaft and is trying to line up with the handle, of the driver is doing, not the swing. The bottom of the driver swing is certainly slightly ahead of a vertical line up from the ball.

This precisely the quote. From Golf Swing Secrets . . . And Lies. Wonder which part hitting up would fall in?

quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

Are you trying to tell me that the shaft is descending while the clubhead may be ascending due to the location of the Center of Gravity at Impact? So while the shaft and hands are still descending, the disconnecting driver head is drooping and twisting forward so that the clubhead is ahead of the shaft at Impact. If so then, it really doesn't matter that the hands and shaft are descending because no matter what they do they cannot affect the "disconnected" driver head which is on an upward path into the ball at Impact.

Is that a correct interpretation of what Bush was saying?

This Horton guy is definitely Peter, from the single axis forum on netwrok 64. I can tell buy his style of writing and "science scinence" attitude. I don't know why you lied about your identity in the "yoda swing" thread? You normally give good advice in your forum, why are you starting fights over here? Your method (ima) seems similar to how yoda and brian swing.

Peter did know of very specfic sections of posts made on this forum but let me throw another name out to you.

I saw a post by George Hibbard on FGI that rang of the same message about how the clubface can't control the ball at impact. Maybe Horton=Hibbard

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by 6bee1dee

Peter did know of very specfic sections of posts made on this forum but let me throw another name out to you.

I saw a post by George Hibbard on FGI that rang of the same message about how the clubface can't control the ball at impact. Maybe Horton=Hibbard

horton could be Don Horton of SciGolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.