Do you know why I like Dustin Johnson's Swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Brian! Was thinking aloud (or... erm... writing) there.

I think the last 'equation' bit was really what I was after - preference wasn't the concept I was looking for. It could take many hours to work out an arched left wrist, but there is no reason elements of COFF and NHA can't be used to play decent golf eh?

For me when I tried the "bowed wrist" I hit great shots yesterday. But I know it only "felt" that way...it was probably more flat. No way was I getting into the Dustin J. bowed wrist position. Purest shots I've hit in forever. High soft fades. Occasional pull but no draws. I knew I was on to something yesterday when I was able to compress my SW which I never do. Sad I know. Have i stumbled on to the Flipper pattern??? hmmmm. :)

The above post is why people on this forum struggle. hit a lot of fades then a occasional pull. Like Jack said eliminate one side of the fairway its very hard to play competitive golf when you dont know what side of the course your ball is going, McDowell hit a draw all day and missed left. Haney did get 1 thing right champions arent born there trained properly if constantly experimenting from one pattern to next or one method to the other every week your lost its that simple. Dustins swing cracked under pressure its that simple he dosent need a Rotella, fitness guru, most experienced caddie, nutrionist, this site gives great info for free to everyone the problem is when a swing is put up to compare the next guy changes his pattern to look like that or swing like him? It takes months to change most people work for a living so they dont have time for the long haul. As far as the bowed wrist its when that matters i agree 90% of amatuer women golfers have that move at the top and hit 30yds low left with there driver!

For me it's not as simple as eliminating 1 side of the fairway. I am flipper plain and simple and I can't find the sweetspot with a compass or GPS. I am searching but it ain't for a swing that allows me to eliminate any side of the fairway. I am searchin for the stupid sweetspot...it's as basic as that. When I stumble on something that allows me to hit compressed shots that actually feel good and go somewhere I kinda get excited. That's what this twistaway move has given me ( for now). I tried it before in the past but never "maintain" the twist. I would always lose it. I guess at this stage I need it and have found a way to do it. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.