Health and Fitness, Food and Physical Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flexibility of one muscle is strongly influenced by the strength of the opposing muscle.

Not just the opposing muscle but the stabilizing muscles of a joint. If you have some weakness in a couple of the rotator cuff muscles then you will have some tightness in some of the other cuff muscles or adjoining muscles. If you have some hip weakness then it might show up as hamstring tightness or ITB tightness etc.
To tie it in with golf--how fit do you need to be to play your best? You need to be as fit and flexible as you need to be for you to make roughly the same quality swing on # 17 and 18 that you made after the driving range warm-up or after a couple of holes. If you can do that fine -if not-if you're a bit more tight, feel a little tired, notice you lost a bit of zing etc then you'll improve your score by improving your body.

I wanted to ask if anyone knew of websites that is as pure as this one, that relates to -

1. physical fitness

AND

2. maintain optimal health thru food

My goal is to really find information that separates the fluff from pure information. I often log into this site because of the purity of the information it offers. I want to do the same for the categories above. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry if this is unrelated to this site.

Here is a good fitness site IMO:

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.