Just Watched the 'Ideas on the release. How am I doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason a slightly steeper shoulder turn has helped with the cut spin and applying the force more gradually from the top rather than implementing a hitting reflex.

Normal speed video for Kevin

Kevin asked for a normal swing vid and I had a chance when I went to the range yesterday with a pal.

only have DTL as the bays prevented a face on view. Hitting it real solid after watching the ideas on the release but for the life of me I cannot prevent the pelvic thrust post impact!

This swing was intentionally fast so it may be that my body recruits this movement to facilitate the speed? Are there any Tour pros that have this pelvis thrust??

3wood.m4v - YouTube

Cheers

Are there any Tour pros that have this pelvis thrust??

I think the important thing is when during the downswing this occurs and how this relates to the hands/club and ball.

Hard to tell exactly from video.

Nice Shot!

When I slow the video down, I seem to initiate the pelvic thrust just after impact, or at least that is when it has manifested itself visually. I'm hitting the ball ok but would be interested to know if Brian or Michael have observed this with high end players and if it has negative effects on ball striking and consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.