Law of the Flail

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Archie Swivel

Perhaps in my efforts to maintain lag and strike the ball with my hands in front of the ball with a forward leaning shaft, I have been faking it. I think that sometimes I freeze my right wrist muscles to the max and freeze my left wrist cock and angle my hands forward so that on a still frame shot it appears that I have lag with forward lean. But when I parse through the bickering back and forth on this thread and get into substance of the issue, I think I realize that I need to let lag pressure keep my left wrist cocked and have my flying wedges flying fast enough to get passed the ball before my clubhead gets there.

Do any of you guys think that you may be 'faking it' like I described?

I know this sound weird but I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't think I've taught myself how to obtain and keep lag through impact. But I have taught myself how to swing with my left wrist cocked and right wrist bent. My swing on video looks like I have lag and proper impact position. But it's not really lag, it's just a bent swing.

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by Archie Swivel

Perhaps in my efforts to maintain lag and strike the ball with my hands in front of the ball with a forward leaning shaft, I have been faking it. I think that sometimes I freeze my right wrist muscles to the max and freeze my left wrist cock and angle my hands forward so that on a still frame shot it appears that I have lag with forward lean. But when I parse through the bickering back and forth on this thread and get into substance of the issue, I think I realize that I need to let lag pressure keep my left wrist cocked and have my flying wedges flying fast enough to get passed the ball before my clubhead gets there.

Do any of you guys think that you may be 'faking it' like I described?

I FAKED it worse than my wife! I thought FAKING it was LAG. It ain't. You can't just keep your left wrist cocked. You want get DOWN. Learn to Uncock to the Plane Line. Hit chips make sure you go to fully uncocked. Look at your hands.

You don't want your wrists TIGHT. Remember it is the UNSTRESSED Bent Right Wrist. Also you want to have #2 lag BUT you also want UNCOCK - fully Uncock. Take the club in your left hand and HAMMER the ground just like you would with a real hammer. Check out how your wrist goes to fully uncocked. That's full lever extension. Now just turn your palm to the Plane and make the same motion. Sling that sumbeotch to uncocked. Sling it into the ground.

If you hold on CF can't do it's work. Let the club SLING out and switch ends FAST. If you hold on with #2 you want get the full DOWNWARD dimension. And it will put you off-plane.

You never posted the pics man :D

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I think you guys need to work on swivel. I think it's easy to learn how to get to a flat left wrist and bent right wrist position into the ball, but it's EXTREMELY hard to get PAST that point.

That's where learning the swivel comes in.

quote:Originally posted by jim_0068

I think you guys need to work on swivel. I think it's easy to learn how to get to a flat left wrist and bent right wrist position into the ball, but it's EXTREMELY hard to get PAST that point.

That's where learning the swivel comes in.

Excellent point! How very true (and sad for those of us who struggle with it:()

Status
Not open for further replies.